- March 28, 2021
- April 1, 2021
- Full Time
- Education & Teaching Jobs
An opportunity has arisen within Nyatsime College for suitably qualified persons to fill in the position of College Chaplaincy and Student Welfare Worker. The successful incumbent will be is reporting to the college Principal and will be responsible for assisting the College community to provide pastoral care and general spiritual, social, and emotional comfort to all students, irrespective of their faith or beliefs. The Chaplain will lead the formal and informal expression of Christian ethos and worship at the College and support the spiritual life of the College community.
Duties And Responsibilities
• To support the College’s Pastoral Care Program by providing pastoral and spiritual support to students, staff, and families.
• To lead and organize the formal worship occasions and special ceremonies including but not limited to 3 by 5 minutes of Assembly devotions per week, Sunday Service, and Speech and Prize Giving Day.
• To support the Christian education of students.
• To facilitate voluntary groups and activities for students seeking to explore and/or develop their spirituality.
• To encourage students to engage in meaningful dialogue regarding spirituality, religion, values, and ethics, with an attitude of respectful inquiry.
• To build and maintain a network of support agencies, Church and community groups who can provide a broad range of services to students and the wider community in line with the ecumenical ethos of the College.
• To model good relations with the wider faith community, respecting global faiths and traditions and diversity within the range of cultures and relevant traditions, while maintaining the College’s Christian ethos and values.
• Undertake the duties of a teacher specifically teaching Religious Education.
Staff and Students Support;
• To develop rapport and positive relationships with students, parents, and staff by seeking opportunities to meet and mingle.
• As a member of the College team, to seek to contribute to College events as relevant (for example assemblies, camps, excursions, sports days, etc.)
Qualifications And Experience
• An accredited theological qualification such as Diploma in Pastoral Studies, Diploma in Religious Studies, and Diploma in Theology.
• A relevant degree would be an added advantage.
• Experience in the teaching of Religious Education to secondary students.
• Relevant training in Chaplaincy
• Training in counseling is desirable but not essential.
• Ministering in Mainline Churches would be an added advantage
How To Apply
How to Apply
Individuals who are interested and meet the above criteria should; Send Their CV and Application Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
apply online (link below) and complete the Application form by 1 April 2021.