Provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before, during and after delivery, according to MTI obstetrical and reproductive health protocols, universal hygienic and new-born caring standards and under the supervision of a specialist doctor, to ensure their health conditions and avoid post-delivery complications. .
• Provide comprehensive maternal and child services to mothers during and after pregnancy, including managing complications and referring high risk pregnancies.
• Responsible for delivering babies, preparing birth attestation and monitoring the general health condition of the mother and the new-born.
• Assessing the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the OPD/MCH for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
• Provide counselling to mothers on pregnancy and post-pregnancy management, including proper breastfeeding techniques, bathing and preparation of bottles.
• Participate in PHC activities including health education, family planning, preparing for childbirth, HCT services and nutrition programs, as well as PMTCT activities at the health facility and within the community.
• Provide primary care to women of reproductive age in accordance with the Basic Package of Health Services.
• Provide all non-surgical methods of family planning and provide counselling for surgical methods.
• Ensure babies are immunized according to schedule.
• Support Clinicians in the management of sexual violence cases.
• Monitor the consumption of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities and notify supervisor of re-stocking needs.
• Ensure biomedical equipment is in good working order by using in accordance with user manual and protocols, perform cleaning and minor maintenance and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
• Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria, including universal precautions, are met.
• Ensure that medical practices are conducted with the highest level of integrity and ethics according to professional and MTI Codes of Conduct.
• Ensure data collected is accurate and submit reports according to schedule.
• Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
• Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Midwifery from an accredited School of Nursing and Midwifery is required.
• Valid practising license is required.
• 3 years of midwifery experience is required.
• Experience working with international NGOs is an added advantage.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of professional midwifery principles, procedures and techniques.
• Knowledge of medical and non-medical waste disposal procedures.
• Knowledge of hygiene management and IPC protocol.
• Skilled in applying professional midwifery care principles and procedures in the evaluation and treatment of patients.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• A good command of both written and spoken English.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and adhere to professional code of conduct.
• Ability to treat all patients and staff with respect, without prejudice.
• Ability to provide high quality, ethical, compassionate care that places the needs of the patient first.
• Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy.
• Ability to be flexible and manage stress.
• Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: email@example.com
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Nurse Midwife”. Application Deadline: 07th of February 2021 at 1700HRS.