[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Transportation & Logistics ]
Deadline of this Job:
02 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
14 Drivers .
Purpose of the position:
• To drive WVT vehicles so as to facilitate staff/visitor movements as assigned by Senior Transport Officer and keep the vehicle clean and in good working condition
• Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
• To keep vehicle clean, in good condition for use and take care of all tool kit
• Drive all WVT vehicle and ensure that fuel, oil, water, tires and general state of the car has been checked before use
• Maintain log book for each and every trip
• Ensure that vehicles is serviced as planned
• To ensure all visitors sign the child protection forms as soon as they are picked up.
• To ensure that the vehicle is not overloaded either by people or luggage
• Report any adverse observation of a vehicle to Senior Transport Officer
• Remind/advice Senior Transport Officer to matters pertaining to services and repairs of vehicles
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification required:
Form Four with a valid class C driving license
• Experience: 3 years in driving • Preferred: Form Four with NIT Advanced Driving Certificate
• Technical Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to communicate in English and good command of Kiswahili
• Good relationship with other staff
Working Environment / Conditions:
• Work environment: Office-based with regular travel to the field
• Travel: 15% Domestic travel is required.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Excel, Out Look and PowerPoint is a MUST
• Proficiency with well-organized data entry & data analysis using MS Excel
• Very well organized with a strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task multiple priorities at any given time
• Self-starter, able to think creatively and solve problems on the fly in order to accomplish the goal
• Very good with people, a confident but empathetic results-oriented person who plays to win but strives for mutual benefit
• Eager to get hands-dirty and get in the field, with 80% time in field and 20% in office
• Must enjoy being with customers, attending to their needs and satisfying customers regardless of income categories and backgrounds
• Strong desire to have a lasting impact on Tanzania in terms of economic and social development
• Fluency in English
Disclaimer: World Vision does not, and will never solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. Also World Vision will not be responsible for fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity
The deadline for submitting the application is 02-Feb-21
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Click here to apply