[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Health Care , Category: Transportation & Logistics ]
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Mwanza , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ASSIGNMENT TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Mwanza, Tanzania
LENGTH: 24-months with possibility to extend based on performance and budget
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches more than 90 countries, including the United States, with life-changing health programs, medicine and medical supplies. Americares is the world’s leading nonprofit provider of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit americares.org.
Drivers will support logistics and driving project vehicles local travel needs for CPRC project implementation teams in the project covered regions, other regions for various project related official meetings in Tanzania. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drive vehicle for official travel and business, or as requested. Act as primary driver to pick up, drop off, and transport Americares staff throughout project covered regions, other regions for various project related official meetings in Tanzania
• Maintain high standard of service to both internal and external guests.
• Ensure punctuality and safe transport;
• Observing the road and traffic laws and regulations of the United Republic of Tanzania. Apply additional caution to ensure the safety of themselves, Americares staff, and other drivers on the road
• Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards.
• Alcohol must not be consumed or kept or stored in the vehicle whilst on duty
• Ensure vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition at all times
• Always assist with loading and unloading of materials in the vehicle and keep vehicle secured at all times.
• Ensure vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, etc.
• Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, prepare vehicle spare parts inventory
• Taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes and locations (including current radio news on traffic conditions) to update daily
• Keep an accurate schedule of driving assignments and arrive on time for pick-ups and drop offs
• In case of accident or other incident occurs, follow Americares safety protocol and insurance policies and procedures
• Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage, at end of each month
• Assist the HR and Logistics Officer to ensure vehicle insurance and registration are updated according to schedule
• Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, etc;
• Valid driver’s license. Any type of class C is satisfactory and good driving record.
• Certificate of Secondary education is a must
• At least 8 years of experience years of experience driving in and throughout Tanzania, and preferably in driving USAID funded projects vehicles.
• Experience driving manual, large sports utility vehicles or similar
• Certificate for Advanced VIP Drivers course Grade Two and Certificates for Motor Vehicle Mechanics grade 1-3 will be added advantage.
• Ability to adapt to last minute scheduling changes, roadblocks, and changing needs throughout the shift
• Unrestricted authorization to work in Tanzania
CORE AMERICARES RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Foster Americares values of responsiveness, results orientation, collaboration, efficiency and integrity.
• Coach, support and develop staff to increase individual and team effectiveness; and
• Develop and manage implementation of plans to increase team operating performance, including SOPs and other efficiency initiatives.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
In order to be considered for this position, the applicant should submit the following items in an expression of interest to Americares:
• Curriculum vitae or resume that clearly spell out qualifications, experience.
• Cover letter highlighting interest in the position and relevant skills
• Academic credentials
Deadline for submission: 31st January 2021
Submissions should be sent to: email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed as they are receive