The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the Medical Teams International staff and other officials and mission members, meeting MTI highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of maturity and responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol, and safety security issues. .
• Provide reliable and safe driving services, ensuring the safety and well-being of passengers.
• Keep abreast of traffic rules and regulations as well as road security and safety awareness to enable safe, on-time arrival for any movement including meetings and appointments.
• Maintain daily vehicle logs, inspections, daily kilometers, fuel consumption, oil change, servicing, greasing, repairs.
• Prepare and maintain data of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports, awareness of vehicles servicing, required items for services.
• Ensure that the official vehicle is kept clean and is always in good working order.
• Supports the preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
• Tracks insurance and applicable tax formalities
• Make minor repairs and recommendations for major repairs.
• Change oil, check tires, spare tires, jacks, lights, horn, clutch and brakes and wash car regularly.
• Ensure that vehicles comply with MTI safety and security standards and reports any conditions of concerns to a Manager.
• Ensure that communications devices (e.g. cellular phone) is in proper working order before each trip
• Ensure the vehicle has sufficient fuel at all times.
• Follows safe vehicle loading and unloading procedures.
• Keeps the vehicle clean and free of debris; follows other vehicle cleaning procedures.
• Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and safety and security document, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
• In case of accidents/emergencies, evacuates staff according to written and practiced procedures.
• In the event of an accident, assures that medical emergency procedures are followed; completes a written accident report as required by delegate’s procedure and other authorities.
• Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining required records.
• Assist in the mailing and distribution of publications and payment of bills, as required.
• Supports safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, and Child & Vulnerable Adult protection policies and sexual harassment policies.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
• Possession of valid Driver’s license, class C, for a minimum of 3 years
• Attended Vocational Educational and Training Authority would be an added advantage.
• Certification of defensive driving from a recognized institution preferred.
• Certification in First Aid and CPR is required
• Certification in vehicle mechanics and maintenance is preferred.
• Preferred: Experience working for INGO Clean driving record is required
• Minimum heavy vehicle driving in Tanzania is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different nationality and cultural backgrounds.
• In-depth knowledge of road safety regulations and defensive driving techniques
• Basic CPR and First Aid knowledge
• Quality and timely driving services; safe and on-time
• Excellent Defensive driving skills.
• Quality care and maintenance of vehicle and necessary documents
• Timely inputs to logs and records.
• Ability to speak, read, and write English and Swahili.
• Ability to follow procedures in response to accidents or emergency situations.
• Basic mechanical skills
• Good knowledge of geography of assigned driving locations
• Ability to support Medical Teams Calling and Code of Conduct
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letterr and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: email@example.com
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line “Driver”.
Application Deadline: 7th of February 2021 at 1700HRS.
Applicants who already applied the latest job advertisement should not apply