The United Republic Of Tanzania President’s Office Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
28th January, 2021
On behalf of Rural Energy Agency (REA); Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) invites dynamics and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill 7 vacant posts mentioned below.
RURAL ENERGY AGENCY (REA)
Rural Energy Agency (REA) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Energy and Minerals of the United Republic of Tanzania. Its main role is to promote and facilitate improved access to modern energy services in rural areas of Mainland Tanzania. REA became operational in October 2007. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Managing projects contracts;
• Assisting in project identification, Planning, supervision and appraisal;
• Providing information and statistics on electricity projects carried out;
• Analyzing and preparing periodic electricity projects performance reports;
• Monitoring the progress of the project against agreed timelines and key deliverables and ensuring execution within agreed timelines;
• Conducting periodic defects liability inspections/audits; generate snag lists and following-up correction of snags;
• Facilitating site meetings and handover of completed work;
• Reporting on progress and commitment and performance of the supervision consultants;
• Coordinating with other stakeholders in identifying new electricity and Renewable energy projects; and
• Performing any other related Duties and Responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electro-mechanical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent qualifications from recognized Institutions. The candidate must be registered with Engineers Registration Board (ERB) as Graduate Engineer.
REMUNERATION: As per institution’s salary scale
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service;
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:-
o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
o Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
o Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
o Birth certificate;
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:-
o Form IV and form VI results slips;
o Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
• An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
• An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer;
• An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
• Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P.O. Box 2320, Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma & Asha Rose Migiro Buildings -Dodoma.
• Deadline for application is 10th February, 2021;
• Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’) released by: SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT