5 PUMP Operators
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administration, and Government , Category: Science & Engineering ]
Mtwara Urban Water Supply And Sanitation Authority (MTUWASA)
Deadline of this Job:
08 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Mtwara , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The United Republic Of Tanzania President’s Office Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
26th January, 2021
On behalf of Mtwara Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MTUWASA), and Tanzania National Parks (TANAPA); Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) invites dynamics and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill 13 vacant posts mentioned below. .
The Mtwara Urban Water and Sanitation Authority (MTUWASA) is a legally established entity responsible for overall operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Mtwara Municipality. The core function of the Authority is to deliver excellent water supply and sanitation services for all categories of customers and stakeholders in Mtwara Municipal, Nanyamba and Mbawala chini. In order to attain its vision and mission, the Authority is looking for competent, dynamic, energetic, committed, experienced and well qualified Tanzanians who are capable of embracing and driving changes in MTUWASA to fill the following vacant posts; –
5 PUMP Operators GRADE II
(Pipe Fitting-2 Posts, Pump Mechanics-2 Posts, and Electrical 1 post)
REPORTS TO: TECHNICAL MANAGER
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Starting and stopping of water pumps according to established schedules
• Reporting abnormalities of water Pump function;
• Proper housekeeping of water pumps, pump house and surroundings.
• Reporting of water polluters;
• Recording and reporting of electrical failure;
• Recording the amount of pumped water and establish time intervals from clean water storage tanks;
• Making meter reading electricity consumption at established time intervals and
• Recording of pressure gauge performance at established time intervals ; and
• Performing any other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Form IV Certificate with Level Two/Three in Pipe fitting/Pump Mechanics and electrical from a recognized Technical Institution.
• Working experience in similar position is an added advantage
REMUNERATION As per institution’s salary scale
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania generally with an age not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service;
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:-
o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
o Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
o Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
o Birth certificate;
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:-
o Form IV and form VI results slips;
o Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
• An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
• An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer;
• An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
• Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P.O. Box 2320, Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma & Asha Rose Migiro Buildings -Dodoma.
• Deadline for application is 8th February, 2021;
• Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’) released by: SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT