Space and Style Ltd is a Kenyan company that has been in operation since 2002, steadily growing to be at the forefront of supply of specialized building solutions. It is through the strength of our products that we have the potential to be market leaders in the building industry in Kenya and the region. OUR VISION Our vision is to revolutionarize the b…
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
Reporting to Head of Finance & Business Operations, the accountant will provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and payroll.
- Take the lead in ensuring timely filing/payment of statutory obligations to ensure compliance.
- Assist in Preparation of accurate and timely weekly, monthly, and annual management reports.
- Making projections on cash inflows and cash outflows to ensure healthy working capital for day to day running of the business.
- Assist in the preparation of regular financial statements and accounts, such as profit and loss accounts.
- Assist in Forecasting and planning future spending and profits including making recommendations on ways to reduce costs and increase profits.
- Performing account reconciliations
- Maintaining accounts receivable files and records
- Producing monthly AR financials and management reports
- Investigating and resolving any AR irregularities or enquiries
- Assisting in general financial management and analysis
- Document financial transactions by entering AR account information.
- In charge of collecting payments in the form of cheques from clients if not within the office premises
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing AR accounting options.
- Summarizes current AR financial status by collecting information; booking financial information to the ledgers.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups and filing.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends as directed by the Head of Finance.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensure that the entire banking is done and the company policy in relation to revenue handling is followed.
- Attends the stock take performed in all the stores by end of each month.
- Any other duties as assigned by Head of Finance
The ideal candidate will be involved with preparing financial reports and statements, bank reconciliations, and conducting cyclical audits. Moreover, the candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and possess a strong business acumen.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA (K)
- Minimum 5 years experience in a financial management role (2 years in a manufacturing concern)
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial statements and periodicals
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite and Accounting ERP software
- Proficiency in IFRS