Vacancy title: Administrative Clerk (Utility)
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administration, and Government , Category: Admin & Office ]
U.S. Department of State Diplomacy in Action
Deadline of this Job:
19 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, August 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Open Period: 08/04/2022 – 08/18/2022 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+3
Series/Grade: LE – 0105 5
Salary: TZS TSh21,317,834
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 Hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-5
For More Info:
• Open to the public Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
Appointment Type: Permanent
Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Administrative Clerk (Utility) – External in the Financial Management Section.
Supervisory Position: No
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: Occasional Travel
Major Duties and Responsibilities
UTILITY METER MANAGEMENT:
• Responsible for managing the utility meter readings for the Embassy compound (NEC), the CDC off-site office space and over 100 government-owned and leased residences in Post’s housing pool.
• Meter Reading Coordination: Ensures that DAWASCO (water utility) and TANESCO (electricity utility) make timely and accurate readings of water and electric meters for the NEC, CDC office, and all residences. Keeps utility companies apprised of the most current list of Embassy meters and locations. Coordinates appropriate security access for the utilities to the properties as needed for monthly meter readings. Completes monthly spot checks of a selection of residential property access records to ensure meter readings are taking place.
• Meter Troubleshooting/Resolution: Fosters a robust working relationship with key utility company contacts to ensure accurate meter readings for billing statements. When monthly consumption is unusually high, initiates and coordinates a timely review of the meter reading with the utility company. Actively works with the utility company to promptly resolve issues ranging from incorrect meter readings to water leaks, coordinating with internal Embassy offices as required.
DATA ENTRY TREES UTILITY MODULE:
• Responsible for the monthly entry of utility data for electricity and water into the TREES utility module for meters, CDC office and over 100 government-owned and leased residences in Post’s housing pool. Data entry includes dates of consumption, consumption units, monthly cost and meter readings for each meter/property.
• Must coordinate closely with the Budget and Fiscal Voucher Examiners and Budget Analysts to promptly receive copies of utility bills. Must complete precise, accurate data entry of all properties under compressed time schedule to ensure electronic submission to the Overseas Building Office (OBO) within two weeks of receipt of bills.
• Produces a monthly TREES-generated usage report for the Management Officer, General Services Officer and Financial Management Officer’s review. Identifies unusual consumption in a given month and pro-actively works with the utility company and internal Embassy offices to resolve any outstanding issues.
TREES/UTILITY SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT:
• Serves as Post’s primary subject matter expert on TREES. Serves as the primary point of contact between OBO and Post for all data entry related issues. Keeps abreast of all changes to the TREES software and OBO TREES reporting requirements.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisory Voucher Examiner, the Financial Specialist, or the FMO.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Experience: Three years of progressively responsible experience in data entry or utility management work required.
Completion of Secondary School (Form VI) is required.
Language: Fluency (reading, speaking, and writing) in English is required and Fluency working knowledge (reading, speaking, and writing) in Kiswahili is required. “This may be tested”
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Possess typing and computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Internet). Must have ability to easily learn new computer software, particularly data bases.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Benefits: The U.S. Mission in Tanzania offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
• Certificate – Completion of Secondary School (Form VI) is required.
• Proof of Citizenship (National Identity Card, Voters Identity Card or Passport)
• Other Document
• Other Document
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.