- July 14, 2022
- July 21, 2022
- Full Time
- Admin & Office Jobs
CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to a severe regional drought. After establishing a drought mitigation program, CARE began longer term developmental programs with local partners in building small dams, strengthening local microfinance institutions, and launching projects to assist small businesspersons in the rural areas.
CARE Zimbabwe’s overall goal is to empower disadvantaged and poor households to meet their basic needs. Programs promote sustainable livelihoods of poor and vulnerable people.
The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to vulnerable communities in remote locations of the targeted provinces. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position posted below.
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the efficient management of administration, property and travel related services. This includes ensuring that all processes are functioning efficiently across the CO (Country Office) and that there is good coordination between Harare and the sub-offices. She/he is responsible for ensuring that CARE Zimbabwe administrative operations are carried out efficiently and in alignment with established operating policies, procedures and standards so that program activities can be implemented smoothly, on time and within budget.
S/he collaborates with the Head of Sub sub-office & other Administration personnel to ensure effective coordination between the programmatic and administrative functions throughout CARE Zimbabwe and maintains up to date policies and procedures documentation. The Administrative Coordinator must be a proactive problem-solver who is self-motivated and energetic. S/he must hold him/herself and members of the team accountable for effective and efficient service delivery to the programs as well as high levels of integrity and compliance with organizational policies, processes, and regulations. S/he must demonstrate the adoption of efficient and cost-effective methods and a strong customer service focus
Duties And Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops and organizes activities of Administration Department to provide timely and effective support to CO programs and ensure objectives are met.
• Manages the performance of team members through performance reviews, frequent conversations, and other methods as appropriate for continuous performance improvement.
• Contributes to cost controls through systematic review of expenditures, identify cost-saving measures and implements appropriately to improve stewardship of CO resources
• Conducts regular monitoring and supervision visits to provincial offices to provide support and coaching to admin staff and conduct spot checks of files to ensure availability and accuracy of the information in the system
• Manages the inventory, property and equipment of the Country Office
• Ensures adequate controls and process are in place to ensure effective management of warehouses in compliance with donor rules and regulations
• Mitigates possible risks by ensuring safety and security for both rented and owned assets.
• Leads annual physical inventory and reconciliation of Property Register with Financial records as required by CARE policy and procedures.
• Coordinates the provision of administrative support to the provincial offices as requested
• Negotiates with prospective landlord suitable terms and conditions for all lease agreements and ensure all leases are reviewed before signing by the ACD Ops
• Leads the analysis of Country office’s travel related needs and coordinate with procurement to identify high quality service providers and manage subsequent service level agreements (SLAs).
• Strengthens CARE Zimbabwe’s system for travel management.
• Coordinates and ensures the implementation of Administrative policies and activities
• Establishes and maintains effective relationship with clients for improved service delivery.
• Provides proactive, rigorous, and logical methods to solve Admin support related challenges faced by units across the Country Office.
Qualifications And Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related areas.
A Master’s Degree is desirable
Minimum 3 years’ professional experience in the management of administrative procedures with at least 1 at supervisory level.
Knowledge of Administration and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations best practices
Excellent planning, negotiation, and communication skills – ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing demands of the job and pays attention to detail.
Client oriented – internal and external
How To Apply
Click View More Information Button
View more information