An Evergreen Requisition is an advertisement for positions that Safaricom PLC hires for throughout the year. It is a way for Safaricom to build a database of qualified, interested individuals for a job function so that when there is a need to fill that type of role, the hiring process will be faster. By applying to an Evergreen Requisition, you are expressing your interest for a job function within the Safaricom family.
In addition to submitting your resume to an Evergreen Requisition, we encourage you to create a job search agent to be alerted when positions in your areas of interest become available. In the job search agent specify all the geographic locations you would consider
We are pleased to announce the following Position in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Digital Engineering, the Agile Coach is responsible for leading and advocating for organization-wide agile transformation, motivating and energizing the organization through the agile ways of working.
- Drive and support the adoption of an agile mind set, techniques, and culture by all members of the organization.
- Work closely with agile coaches to establish consistent and best-practice agile processes and principles to guide Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Scrum Team members.
- Define agile adoption and metrics, monitor and assess them regularly, and identify areas for improvement.
- Act as a change agent in organization-wide agile transformation and guide the organization through its agile journey and maturity.
- Adapt the organization’s agile principles, practices, standards and ceremonies, according to both best practice and Safaricom digital strategy.
- Mentor and coach all levels of the organization on agile principles, practices, roles, artefacts and ceremonies to maintain consistency of adoption and continuously improve performance.
- Define agile adoption measurements and evaluate and report the performance and adherence of the organization on a regular basis.
- Act as a catalyst to seed emerging practices and knowledge from one squad to another.
- Natural servant leader, with the ability to inspire, coach, and motivate squad members to achieve the business outcome.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and background of agile concepts
- Prior experience coaching teams in agile adoption or as a Scrum Master
- Possess certifications in agile practices e.g. Professional Scrum Master, Professional Scrum Product Owner
- Bachelor of Science Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Development or related subject
- Experience in the IT industry and a good understanding of the full software life cycle.
How to Apply