- March 15, 2021
- March 18, 2021
- Full Time Jobs in Zimbabwe
- Agriculture, Farming Jobs
Cassava Smartech is looking for an Agronomist to join its vibrant Agritech business. The successful candidate will be responsible for researching, developing, and promoting best international farming practices.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Studies crops and soil in order to develop better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improve crop yield, and solve problems facing the agriculture industry.
• Researches, develops, and promotes farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
• Visits fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
• Assists with the plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
• Keeps detailed records regarding fields, customers, crops and samples.
• Generates reports and presents findings to management, clients and other interested parties.
• Promotes products and techniques through educational presentations.
• Manages teams of scientists while conducting field visits or laboratory work.
• Offers personalized consultation services to clients so as to add new revenue streams, and enhance brand visibility for the business.
• Manages teams under the business’ cropping programs.
Qualifications And Experience
Qualification, Skills and Experience
• Degree in Crop Science / Agronomy or equivalent.
• A vocation or professional technical qualification will be an added advantage.
• 2 – 4 years’ relevant experience.
• Experience in project management in an added advantage.
• Honesty & integrity is a must.
How To Apply
Please apply to: The HR Business Partner by sending your CV to email@example.com clearly indicating the position “Agronomist” in the subject area by the 18th of March 2021. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.