As a global leader in power and automation technologies, ABB in Africa provides solutions to improve the efficiency, productivity and quality of our customers’ operations while minimizing environmental impact ABB is one of the world’s leading power and automation engineering companies that provide solutions for secure, energy-efficient transmission and…
Read more about this company
Area Sales Manager – Drive Products
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience10 – 12 years
- Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
ABB Drives is a pioneering technology leader, providing products and solutions to help our customers maximize productivity, safety and energy efficiency, with a focus on reducing impact on the environment.
You will be working as an Area Sales Manager- Drive Products and will be the part of Motion Business Area for Drive Products Division based in Modderfontein, South Africa. In this role you will be reporting to Regional Sales Manager- Middle East and Africa and will be responsible for supporting the local sales units in reaching their business targets and developing the overall Drives business in the region.
- Volume and profit: Selling medium voltage and low voltage drives products to customers by focusing on growing market share through annual budget by account, orders forecast, gap to budget, time to quote, hit-rate by account, customer segmentation and cash collection.
- Customer relations: Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product/systems/ services offering, and align to provide a solution and manage customer expectation. Ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the sales process striving for “superior customer satisfaction”.
- Sales plans: Preparing sales plans by using company tools. Performing regular status and proposing recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls. Achieving profitability targets for the medium voltage and low voltage drives products.
- Sales: Adding value for the customer and ensuring the successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals by using effective sales techniques. Communicating details in accordance with ABB offering and strategy (delivery time, payments, and general terms and conditions).
- Marketing: Ensuring efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers.
- New market opportunities: Identifying and driving the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensuring know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Administration: Managing administrative procedures in sales processes and supporting collection and project management activities when needed.
- Offer preparation: Preparing offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department or marketing manager. Ensuring appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Engineering.
- Minimum 10-12 Years’ of experience in sales and sales development for drives products.
- Strong knowledge of the drives market in the Southern Africa region would be beneficial.
- Strong network within the medium voltage and low voltage drives market.
- Work requires an exceptional high level of technical skills, applications knowledge and experience with drives products in order to provide technical support and quotes to our customer base.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence both internally and externally.