Recore Limited is an Outsourcing firm renowned for providing reliable support services to client companies and individuals. Managed by HR professionals, our forte revolves around the provision of skilled and unskilled manpower to our clients; we count on our support staff to offer professionalism and provide services at its best to clients. We take pride in providing the most trusted support services in the Outsourcing industry in Nigeria. Recore Limited is solely owned by Nigerians and has continued to thrive for the last 14 years with clients who enjoy our top-notch services. Other areas of our competencies include Recruitment, Training and Development, HR Consulting.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Business Unit: Sales
Objective / Purpose of Job
- An Area Sales Manager manages the development of his assigned area territory
- The ASM is responsible for overseeing Sales Operations, Meeting Targets and Managing the Key Distributors in the Area.
- The Area Sales Manager is also responsible for formulating a strategic development plan for the assigned area.
- The Area Manager job is likely to comprise many duties and responsibilities, but one of the key ones is the setting of sales and operational goals and expectations, and then ensuring that those goals and expectations are achieved through regular monitoring
- This goes as far as overseeing the performance management of the entire Distributors team to achieve the desired results in supporting the business.
- The Purpose of this position is to ensure that all customer service initiatives are in place, issues are dealt with quickly and courteously, and a well-organized and scheduled regular store visits to ensure compliance in all areas of customer service, store operations, and loss prevention
- They will also be expected to train, challenge, motivate, encourage, and provide constructive guidance to store managers and the team related to all areas of effective operations.
- Reports to: Branch Manager
- Supervises: Sales Executives and Representatives
- Internally Relates To: The Branch Personnel
- Externally Relates To: Distributors
Duties & Responsibilities
- Area performance growth in Value and Volume.
- Distributors Performance growth in Value and Volume.
- Proper management of Distributors Account, Business and Area.
- Drive Sales team to achieve a direct push of 60% of distributors’ volume through defined retail channels within the Area and balance through wholesalers.
- Effective coverage of Wholesale and Retail outlets in your area.
- Drive team to effectively execute Sales Drivers (AVQPPP) in outlets within coverage area.
- Enforce 100% compliance by sales team to company way of working. Each team member (Sales Executive or Sales Rep) to work for 6 days a week, adhere strictly to Permanent Journey Plan (PJP), visit 35 outlets per day, 210 outlets per week, achieve not less than 80% strike rate.
- Monitor your team’s performance and manage them to achieve targets.
- Carryout Field Coaching and Accompaniment with at least 2 subordinates weekly with clearly documenting the observations – Good and area of improvement.
- Carryout regular spot-check of each subordinate at least twice in a month clearly documenting finding.
- Ensure close monitoring of distributors stocks and achieve zero incidences of product expiry.
- Ensure that FIFO principle is strictly adhered to in all customer outlets in your area.
- Ensure that products are stored properly in approved warehouse/stores and at the right stack-level. Such that products are not exposed to elements that will jeopardize quality standards nor generate ‘wet’.
- Keep up to date with products and competitor’s activities and report same to Sales Manager regularly.
- Enforce effective and efficient use of Redistribution Vehicles.
- Drive maximum distribution at a minimal cost.
- Ensure effective utilization of all company resources allotted to your area.
Education / Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Experience & Other Requirements
Education / Knowledge:
- HND / B.Sc in Marketing or relevant field
- 6 years core sales experience with at least 2 years as Area Sales Manager
- Experience in the food and beverage industry is added advantage
Skills & Other:
- Interpersonal skills, Negotiating Skills, Marketing skills, Target Oriented
Key Performance Indicators
- Range and Value Sales
- Customer Management.
- Re-distribution & Retail Development.
- Stock and Asset Management
- People Management
- Location – Travel Requirements:
- Office-Based: None, 0% – 40%
- Field-Based: 40% – 70%, 71% – 100%
- Work Days: Six Days-Mondays to Saturdays.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.