|Location:||Cape Town, Woodstock|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Cedar Communications SA is looking for a dynamic and experienced art director to join our team as we grow our client base. Cedar SA is part of Cedar Communications Ltd in the UK and is part of the King James Group in South Africa.
The art director will be responsible for mainly digital creative execution (although some experience producing print products would be a plus) across a number of our client’s brands and needs at least seven years’ experience as a digital art director. The candidate needs to be comfortable working in all digital mediums with an emphasis on producing excellent video and motion graphics content.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Design and layout
- To act as directed by the content director and in line with the content strategy.
- Work closely with editors, copywriters, project manager and client service team to develop award-winning campaigns within the parameters of the creative brief – conceptualising.
- Design and craft concepts into original, relevant communications which have strong impact and follow through to the completion of the job whilst maintaining explicit attention to detail and adhering to production schedules.
- Give constructive input during a shoot and/or recording.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met; checking every aspect of every job thus eliminating errors and ensuring that work going out is of the highest quality.
- Responsible for conceptualising brand campaigns – strong conceptual design required.
- Responsible for designing anything from point-of-sale items, to website articles and videos, print pamphlets and brand campaign elements.
- Working closely with the content producer or copywriter to generate creative ideas and concepts to fulfil the client’s brief.
- Meeting with the content director before presenting ideas to clients.
- Briefing other members of the creative team;
- Formulate basic layout design or presentation approach, and specify material details, such as style and size of type, photographs, graphics, animation, video and sound.
- Review and approve print proofs and art and copy materials.
- Present final layouts/artwork to clients for approval.
- Review illustrative material to determine if it conforms to standards and specifications.
- Attend photo and video shoots.
- Create custom illustrations or other graphic elements where required.
Skills and attributes/key competencies
- Highly skilled in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, MS Office suite
- Some video editing skills would be a bonus
- Ability to create detailed infographics
- Excellent creative skills
- Attention to detail and solution driven
- Has tenacity and follow-through plus a high level of responsibility
- Good language and presentation skills
- Reliable and organised and a good team worker
- Seven+ years’ experience as art director with at least five years’ experience in digital art direction
- Some experience in print design will be a bonus
- Understanding of or experience working in the retail sector and financial services will be a definite advantage.
Dates and information
If you want to join the best content marketing agency in SA, please send your CV for attention Brendan Cooper at az.oc.mocradec@sreerac
Closing date for applications: Monday, 30 November 2020
Important to note
- If you have not heard from Cedar SA by mid December your application has not been successful.
- Cedar SA aims to provide equal opportunities in terms of its employment equity guidelines.
- Cedar SA reserves the right not to fill the position at this time should a suitable candidate not be found.