- June 28, 2022
- July 8, 2022
- Full Time
- Ict & Computer Jobs
Applications from suitably qualified members are invited to fill the following posts:
ICT SERVICES DEPARTMENT
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, ACADEMIC AND ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES (1 Post)
Duties And Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will report to the Director, ICT Services and will perform among
other duties the following:-
• Lead the ICT services department in the absence of the Director ICT.
• Direct and supervise the ICT professionals in the Academic and Administration division.
• Manage IT functions and systems operations as well as delivering IT services.
• Ensure systems operate optimally to provide maximum performance and availability to users and students.
• Provide leadership, advice senior management on the ICT services.
• Develop and maintain ICT systems, infrastructure and networks.
• Design appropriate ICT architecture, placing quality assurance systems, risk plans, disaster recovery procedures and business continuity plans.
• Identify and implement ICT sourcing opportunities.
• Oversee contractual arrangements related to ICT services and acquisitions.
• Maintain motivated workforce and fostering a work environment conducive to efficient and effective results based teamwork.
• Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Director ICT.
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
The position requires an individual with:-
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Bachelor of Business Studies with Computing Sciences or Bachelor of Science in Information Systems or any related degree is required.
• A relevant Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
• ITIL certified to a minimum foundation level.
• Project Management certification such as PMP or Prince2 is required.
• Extensive exposure to ERP implementations.
• An understanding of ICT services management would be an added advantage.
• Familiarity with Sage Pastel Evolution and Belina Payroll software administration.
• Solid exposure to server virtualisation (VMware).
• Exposure to Mysql, SQL Server database administration.
• Three to five years working experience in a management IT position.
• Good communication skills at all levels.
• Good report writing skills.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses
of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Or hand delivered to University of Zimbabwe, Administration Block Room 113.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 8 July 2022