This is a remote live in location and ideal applicant must be comfortable with remote living. This is a single assignment opportunity however there is a chance for R&R Leave every 11 weeks.
Must have worked abroad in a remote location before and have 3-5 years management experience in the luxury hotel industry. We will not be able to consider those without hospitality experience. .
• To assist the Director of Finance in the administration of all financial aspects of the Lodge and Saba Saba remote office operations.
• To ensure that all local and corporate policies and procedures are observed, and to supervise the day-to-day operation of the Accounting office.
• Continuously deliver the highest level of product with respect to financial reporting and analysis, internal control compliance and business management. Ensure this is done with both integrity and accuracy.
• Ensure that bank accounts are opened in consultation with owners with a bank of strong financial standing and if local rating services are available, they should be utilized for verification of financial strength.
• Ensure all cheques are signed only by authorized parties and that positive pay and positive payee is in place on all bank accounts (where available) and that source documents are approved by one member of Group B.
• Ensure the preparation of a comprehensive monthly report of the entire financial results of the hotel in established corporate formats and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. E
• ffectively advocate Finance Department programs and policies to Planning Committee, Department Heads and employee groups. Monitor the status of Accounts Receivable aging and billing collections to achieve company standards.
• Maintain files on all contracts, leases and agreements and ensure compliance with their requirements; ensure proper authorization has been obtained for all hotel specific contracts (including Engineering), leases and other agreements and competitive bids are on file where applicable and reviewed prior to execution of contract.
• As applicable, ensure compliance with all loan covenants and the balance of long-term debt is accurate and agrees to all supporting documentation and verified when payments are made.
• As appropriate, based on the hotel’s accounting on behalf of owners, interest accruals on long-term debt may be recorded on the hotel’s books; the Director of Finance should ensure accuracy of the unpaid balance and applicable interest rate, and accrue the expense to the Interest
• Expense line item and record the corresponding liability in the Accrued Interest liability account.
• Ensure that monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts are prepared and signed off on in accordance with policy.
• Review and sign off on all bank reconciliations monthly, paying special attention to reconciling items.
• Continuously strive for improvement of processes and efficiency
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://fourseasons.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/search/job/Serengeti/Assistant-Director-Of-Finance_REQ10199752-1