- June 28, 2022
- July 8, 2022
- Full Time
- Ict & Computer Jobs
Applications from suitably qualified members are invited to fill the following posts: Assistant Director, Software Development And Digitilisation (1 Post)
Duties And Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will report to the Director, ICT Services and will perform among
other duties the following:-
• Lead the ICT services department in the absence of the Director ICT.
• Champion the digitalisation and innovation agenda for the Institution.
• Manage and design the digitalisation models.
• Oversee and implement software products and applications.
• Plan, direct and coordinate the actions of the software and development team.
• Provide leadership and advice senior management on ICT matters.
• Develop and maintain ICT systems, infrastructure and networks.
• Define the needs of the University of Zimbabwe with regard to information systems in close co-operation with senior management and proposing a prioritized programme of systems development in support of the organisation’s objectives and strategic plan.
• Design appropriate ICT architecture, placing quality assurance systems, risk plans, disaster recovery procedures and business continuity plans.
• Identify and implement ICT sourcing opportunities.
• Oversee contractual arrangements related to ICT services and acquisitions.
• Attend senior management meetings in the absence of the Director ICT.
• Maintain motivated workforce and fostering a work environment conducive to efficient and effective results based teamwork.
• Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Director ICT
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
The position requires an individual with:-
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Bachelor of Business Studies with Computing Sciences or Bachelor of Science in Information Systems or any related degree is required.
• A relevant Master’s degree is an added advantage.
• Extensive exposure to ERP implementations.
• Familiarity with Linux network administration.
• Project Management certification such as PMP or Prince2 is required.
• Solid exposure to networking infrastructure administration and software development.
• Extensive hands on skills in Java, C#, Python and a Scripting language.
• Three to five years working experience in a management IT position.
• Maturity, integrity and decorum.
• Good communication skills at all levels.
• Good report writing skills.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses
of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Or hand delivered to University of Zimbabwe, Administration Block Room 113.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 8 July 2022