The Commission dates back to 1954 when Civil Service Commission was established by British Colonial Government following Holmes Commission Report, 1948; Civil Service Commission was advisory to the Governor in matters of appointments; At independence in 1963 it was enshrined in the constitution and renamed Public Service Commission; Independence Constitut…
Read more about this company
Assistant Engineer (Electrical)
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldEngineering / Technical
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:
- Be in possession of Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and relevant qualification from a University recognized in Kenya; and
- Be registered with Engineers Registration Board of Kenya as a graduate Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will be assigned electrical power duties and will work under close supervision of an experienced officer.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Participating in monitoring and evaluation of electricity transmission and distribution projects;
- Participating in updating of Least Cost Power Development Plan;
- Participating in monitoring and evaluation of rural electrification projects
- Assisting in the reviewing of Environmental Impact Assessment report studies related to transmission and distribution projects;
- Assisting in preparing technical reports in power sector; and
- Assisting in Identifying transmission line projects that will serve the projected power demand;
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100,NAIROBI
Applicants should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be
Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the
Constitution – Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents. Applications should reach the Commission on or before 15th March 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)