We are British American Tobacco, a truly global company with a highly successful past and an exciting future ahead. As one of the leading tobacco and nicotine companies across the globe, we are always looking to offer our consumers new products, choices and advanced technologies. That’s why we’ve continuously expanded our product portfolio, explo…
Read more about this company
Associate Manager – Cell Management
- Job TypeFull Time
- LocationNot specified
- Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
The role is responsible for Lead and manage SMD/PMD/FMD teams to successfully achieve all production targets. The Cell Manager /Line Lead has 24-hour accountability for all Daily Management Systems (DMS), and organizational health of their Cell. They are responsible for managing and improving results necessary to achieve the Compelling Business Need (CBN) and Site Master Plan through rigorous application of Run to Target (RTT) / IWS tools
Reports to Senior Manager – Manufacturing Management
Geographic Scope South Africa/ Heidelberg
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Effectively manages the department’s expenditure and assets within the agreed budget
- Hitting the plan, in this respect the Cell Manager will provide input to the planning system and understand the implications. The key result is ensuring that the factory produces the required volume and mix of products on time and of the required quality
- Continuous improvement of department KPIs. Drives the identification of improvement opportunities, prioritizes them based on impact on production plan and ensures development of action plans and their implementation e.g. optimization of resources, waste reduction, increasing productivity and flexibility.
- Quality; ensuring quality targets are met, consumer comments are responded to and detailed action plans result to ensure resolution of problems.
- Together with Process Engineering ensure the appropriate planning of preventative maintenance
- Coordination with the Engineering department of investment projects as required.
- Waste i.e. material/ tobacco/ process waste is managed through collaboration with support departments
- Ensuring EH&S policies and procedures are adhered to within area of responsibility (e.g. SMD, PMD, FMD)
- Support NPI as part as business in current environment
- To maintain a professional and well-motivated team, ensuring appropriate training and development to ensure succession for all key positions. And to promote coaching and champion people development so that it is cascaded to all levels of the organization – ensuring a self-sustaining organization
- To engender of a culture of Openness, supported by Change management principles – so the organization is prepared for change and innovation
- To implement local manufacturing strategy, to support and implement the cluster strategy. To roll out and communicate that aligned vision, so that people are engaged and inspired (using the Line of Sight process)
- To sponsor/chair a number of projects, work streams and local committees, at local and cluster level.
- To develop an environment which seeks to continuously improve using IWS pillars, systems and tools ,other global assessments and from ideas which come from not only within the department but the rest of the factory and other BAT locations
- Innovation is key in ensuring that the business develops; Cell Managers have to ensure that ideas are generated, investigated and followed up.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have experience in using IWS tools and methodology?
- Do you have a innovative mindset?
- Are you ready for dynamic and challenging role?
Essential Experience, Skills And Knowledge
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial)
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a similar role
- Technical degree plus proven experience (including in a Production management role)
- Excellent interpersonal- and communication skills to influence key stakeholders, and motivate large numbers of people
- Sound knowledge and experience of the tobacco processes and cigarette manufacture
- Able to lead and manage change within own area
- Knowledge of EHS standards and policies
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of raw materials and product in general.
- Knowledge of factory information systems, MES, SAP
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies