We are an independent consulting, accounting and data quality consulting firm providing a wide range of services including advisory ,audit and assurance, forensic services, loss control solutions, data quality audit, process improvements, accounting, corporate finance, technology, financial and business advisory and information technology services. At Ols…
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience4 years
- LocationKisumu , Mombasa , Nairobi
- Job FieldConsultancy
The Audit Senior should be able to perform and direct the broadest range of Audit and accounting tasks. This person will assist the engagement the audit Supervisor/ manager in the development of audit strategy, planning, review and interpretation of audit findings. The senior may work with an audit assistant and a trainee intern at the client’s premises, managing the engagement in the field and performing audit procedures to the expected standards. These duties may include but are not limited to:
- Assist the supervisor in execution of audit engagement from planning, field work to wrap-up, develop audit program steps to identify risks to ensure that the assignment quality standards are achieved and assisting in the preparation IFRS compliant financial statements
- Prepare audits, reviews and compilations for clients in various industries including but not limited, middle market private and small business
- Become a main client contact on engagements; communicate effectively with clients and develop positive relationships with client personnel
- Research complex accounting topics and form a conclusion utilizing the Firm’s research tools
- Understand internal control deficiencies, works on training entry level staff on internal control processes and develops comments for management letters.
- Provide lead on industry trends to analytics, formulate expectations and determine reasonableness for audit reports and findings.
- Seek to understand the client’s business as a whole, including competitors, trends and key customers and show sensitivity to the client culture and business strategy.
- Manage engagement deliverable deadlines; identify roadblocks, and understand critical milestones to meet client service expectations.
- Actively participate in learning and development opportunities, formal learning and training programs within the firm.
- Minimum of 4 plus years of audit experience in external Audits
- BA/BS Accounting/Economics/Mathematics/statistics or Business degree required
- CPA Part II or III preferred.
- Applied working knowledge of ISAs, IFRS and other accounting standards and procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Preference given to deep experience working with caseware, auditworx , or ICPAK Audit Software
- Must be able to communicate ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in written form and write detailed document findings.
- Ability to meet challenging client requirements, provides services, and possesses strong interpersonal, analytical, and research abilities.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions and recommendations in client related matters pertaining to the audit.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed.