North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit three Auto Electrician to
join Underground Maintenance team. The successful candidates for this
position will carry out assigned auto electrical and training tasks
within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best
Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of
competencies. The position will report to the First Line Leader. This is
a permanent contract role, with the work roster being seven (7) days
day shift, seven (7) days night shift and seven (7) days off shift. .
• Ensure a healthy and safe working environment for all employees.
• Maintaining, repairing electrical issues, diagnostics / Fault Finding and routine inspection on a variety of Gensets, diesel engines, compressors, mobile equipment and pumps.
• Coordinate activities in the unit and report back to Fixed Plant Maintenance FLL.
• Ensure that fixed plant and mobile equipment is maintained in a safe and cost effective manner.
• Ensure safe working practices and Hazard identification principles and processes are observed by subordinates at all times.
• Identification of specifications, conditions and manufacture’s requirements for mobile equipment.
• Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum machine availability.
• Completion of assigned work in a safe and timely manner with minimum supervision and to internationally acceptable standards.
• Provide accurate and timely feedback to the First Line Leader on conditions that may affect functionality of equipment.
• Carry out trouble shooting fault finding and corrective maintenance in order to solve unplanned equipment unavailability events
• Maintain equipment integrity and equipment availability
• Prevent further equipment damage/faults.
• Ensure preventive maintenance compliance.
• Follow up on outstanding maintenance repairs.
• Active participation in training activities to gain new skills and development of full potential.
• Interpreting job requirement from work instructions.
• Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and
• Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
Trade or technical certificate level qualification in the Auto electrical field.
• Strong Safety Background and ability to drive a safe working environment and practices.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
• Computer skills –MS Excel, Access, Word.
• Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment.
• Driving ability.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Intrested applicants should email: firstname.lastname@example.org