Jesuit Memorial College is a Catholic and Jesuit coeducational boarding secondary school open to students of all faiths. The school is located in Port Harcourt. Like other Jesuit schools all over the world, Jesuit Memorial College seeks to impart to its students the discipline and skills, character and intellectual development that will prepare them to continue their education in the finest universities and ultimately, to assume positions of leadership and positive influence within their families, states and the nation. The school provides education in the sciences and arts and encourages a wide range of interest within a disciplined framework.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Biology Teacher
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Biology Teacher will plan, prepare and deliver instruction in Basic Science to students in JS 1-3 and Biology to students in SS 1-3 in accordance with the Nigerian National Policy on Education and regulations of Jesuit Memorial College.
- The teacher will cover effectively and efficiently every item in the scheme of work in use in the school while also teaching the students all they need to know in every life in relation to Biology and Basic Science.
- Over and above all, every teacher in Jesuit Memorial College is a role model to the students.
- B.Ed in Biology or its equivalent is required. Any higher Degree or qualification, especially in the field of Biology and Basic Science is an advantage.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, good command of English Language, good understanding of adolescent psychology, good interpersonal skills, a team player, ability to work effectively with minimum supervision, proficiency in use of Office Suites like Microsoft Word and Power Point.
- At least 2 years teaching experience in a similar role. Any other experience relating to Biology and Basic Science is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, Curriculum Vitae (in Microsoft Word) and scanned credentials to the “Human Resources Manager” via: email@example.com and copied to the “Principal” via: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Hard copies of the above-mentioned documents may be submitted at the school gate:
Jesuit Memorial College,
Elipokwoudu Road, Mbodo, Aluu,
Port Harcourt – Rivers State.