- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldMedia / Advertising / Branding
Purpose of the role
To accelerate KBL’s Primary Whiskies presence across all touchpoints from Communication to Retail, Experiential, Digital & Social
The job holder works closely with the Marketing Manager and Head of Spirits to develop and implement annual Marketing Business Plans; with commercial teams to ensure that trade activities are in line with brand strategies; with Consumer Planning & Research for provision of up to date brand performance and consumer insights; Global Brand Teams for brand strategy search & spin; Advertising Agencies for effective brand communication; Media agencies/Media houses for brand communication planning and media spend optimization; Group procurement for prompt availability of quality materials and at budgeted cost; Finance for cost/budget controls and brands profitability; Production department for monitoring product quality and availability and PR agencies to drive accurate and positive brands narrative.
- Compelling brand storytelling: Using storytelling to turn our Primary Scotch goals, strategy and plan into a compelling brand narrative which can capture the imagination of leaders, colleagues and partners to engage them in your vision and ambition for the brand
- Connection planning: Building the optimum brand experiences and identify the elements of the journey at which consumers can create moments crafted to re-enforce our portfolio distinctiveness, build cultural traction, and drive purchase.
- Excellence in social media: Demonstrating deep theoretical and practical user knowledge of social media and ability to use it to both facilitate more personal relationships with our consumers and distribute content fast, easily and cost effectively.
- Developing positive relationships: maximising the power of combining Diageo capabilities and expertise with that of a broad range of external partners who have the skills, knowledge and influence to help us achieve our brand vision more effectively and cost efficiently than going it alone.
- Multi-channel planning and management: Leading multi-channel planning in order to optimise the mix of traditional and digital media and ensure a balanced media plan. You can supervise the performance of agency partners to ensure transparency and delivery of agreed metrics.
- Creative judgment: Applying expertise and judgment to evaluate potential brand communication ideas and associated content against a brief and judge whether they deliver the best possible comprehensive, integrated and scale solution which will have longevity in market
- Commercial acumen working collaboratively with sales commercial team, gathering market and industry insights that will positively impact the business. Have a drive and curiosity for scoping opportunities such as emerging channels
- Be authentic: consistency in own behaviour, treat others fairly, show courage in the face of opposition, adapt to changing business needs and work with integrity:
- Consistently deliver great performance: be action oriented, set priorities, drive for results and create collaborative relationships
- Connect to the Diageo purpose: reinforce the Diageo values, generate excitement and passion about our brands and take personal responsibility for brand quality
- Find solutions: creativity & decision quality, problem solving & process management and demonstrates commercial acumen
- Grow yourself: builds self-awareness and listens, learns from both experiences of success and failure, constantly works for self-improvement and proactively seeks feedback from others
- Develop, implement & monitor Marketing Business Plans.
- Monitor commercial brand scores and take proactive action on factors affecting the brand performance.
- Identify and recommend market research programme aimed at enhancing brand positioning.
- Analyzing market research data and taking corrective action to enhance the brand strategy
- Effectively manage all brand resources to generate growth.
- Develop and implement the brand communication strategy to build the brand equity scores and sustain consistent growth
- Monitor competitor activities and take appropriate corrective action
- Develop and implement brand renovation and extension strategy in line with changing consumer needs.
- Monitor brand profitability and take corrective action to deliver brand performance as per set targets.
- Monitor and report on brand expenditure and stay within set budgets.
- Plan and implement brand media strategy.
- Market intelligence through regular trade visits and utilizing this to enhance brand activities.
- Interaction with Global Brand Teams (where applicable) to give updates on brand performance and to build brand plans.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing or business degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years marketing experience preferably in the FMCG environment.
- Experience in the development and execution of marketing strategies.