- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
The Business Analyst will ensure that right products appear in the right stores (and on our website) at the appropriate time, in the correct quantities and are being sold at the right price. This will involve working closely with the buying and marketing teams to accurately forecast trends, plan stock levels and monitor performance. He/She will assist in setting prices to maximize profits and manage the performance of ranges, planning promotions and markdowns as necessary. He/She will also oversee delivery and distribution of stock and deal with suppliers.
- Planning product ranges and preparing sales and stock plans in conjunction with the buyer and other managers
- Forecasting profits and sales, and optimising the sales volume and profitability of designated product areas
- Planning budgets and presenting sales forecasts and figures for new ranges. Making financial presentations to senior managers
- Controlling stock levels based on forecasts for each season
- Maintaining a comprehensive library of appropriate data. Using specialist computer POS software to handle sales statistics, produce sales projections and present spreadsheets and graphs
- Analysing every aspect of bestsellers (e.g. the bestselling price points, colours or styles) and ensuring that they reach their full potential
- Monitoring slow sellers and taking action to reduce prices or set promotions as necessary
- Gathering information on customers’ reactions to products. Obtaining, analyzing, interpreting, and disseminating key information that identifies road blocks in satisfying customer expectations
- Developing a thorough understanding of the market and competitive environment, forecasting and consulting for the broader retail team
- Liaising with the buyer, warehouse assistant and suppliers
- Working closely with store managers to decide how goods should be displayed to maximise sales and producing layout plans for stores
- Analysing the previous season’s sales and reporting on the current season’s lines
- Meeting with suppliers and managing the distribution of stock, by negotiating cost prices, ordering stock, agreeing timescales and delivery dates and completing the necessary paperwork
- Identifying production and supply difficulties and dealing with any problems or delays as they arise
- Organizing and analyzing data from available data sources to support retail reporting, projects and initiatives
- Creating analysis, recommendations and presentations to support retail initiatives and projects
- Developing standard templates
- Managing, training and supervising junior staff
- Positive attitude
- Good interpersonal skills
- Takes initiative
- Degree in business, economics, mathematics, statistics, operational research, supply chain management or retail management.
- Minimum 3 years retail management/merchandising experience in a retail store, with specific experience analyzing data on specialized POS systems.
- Commercial / Financial awareness
- Able to cope with pressure
- Good team working skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Numerical skills
- IT skills (Expert level Excel skills required)
- Decision making skills
- Organisational skills
Method of Application
If you believe you are the right person for the position and would like to be a part of our team, kindly send a detailed CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2021. The subject of your email should be “Position – (Expected Salary)” .
Please indicate your salary expectation on the subject line. Applications that do not include the salary expectation will NOT be considered.
We would love to respond to all your applications but due to a large number of applications received for advertised positions, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.