- June 24, 2022
- July 7, 2022
- Full Time
- Environmental, Forestry Jobs
Job Grade E4
Reporting to: Director Statistical Services.
The job holder will be charged with the responsibility of managing cartographic information whilst developing standards for GIS use.
Duties And Responsibilities
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Developing a comprehensive departmental work plan in line with the divisions’ annual plan and manage its implementation.
2. Planning, budgeting, monitoring and coordination of activities in the Department
3. Coordinating and supervising cartographic work including preparation of maps.
4. Providing technical input in preparation of training and reference manuals as well as geo spatial data
5. Leading in the creation, maintenance of geo databases
6. Staff mentoring, supervision and performance appraisals
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications, experience, attributes and competences
1. A first degree in Cartography, Geography/ Geographic Information Sciences (GIS)/ Earth Science or equivalent
2. A postgraduate GIS qualification is a must.
3. Excellent computer skills including use GIS software such as ArcView, ArcGIS, ArcMap, ILWIS, Quantum Excellent leadership and communication skills
4. Have at least 5 years working experience as a statistician.
5. Excellent leadership and communication skills
6. Must be a good team leader
7. Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
How To Apply
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org