- February 12, 2021
- Feb. 15, 2021
- Full Time
- Driving & Logistics Jobs
General Description of the Role
Reporting to the Project Manager (direct line Manager) and Logistics Manager (technical reporting). The aim of the role is to ensure that staff and supplies are transported to and from assigned destinations safely with proper daily checks on vehicles, (HARARE, MARONDERA, MUTARE, BUHERA, CHIPINGE, BIKITA, GUTU, MWENEZI, MASVINGO).
Duties And Responsibilities
Transport the staff, authorized passengers, goods and commodities to and from assigned destinations safely always and record and file supporting documentation.
• Properly log in all trips and following all laid down guidelines in accordance with the transport policy
• Clean cars/vehicles before/after travelling
• Deliver and collect mail from the Post office, or any other location accordingly.
• Ensure all vehicles are refueled on time per vehicle policy guidelines.
• Communicate any fault on the vehicle immediately to the Mechanic via a maintenance request form.
• Receiving, recording, issuing of stock, and reporting thereof.
• Follow up and ensuring that all procured supplies, works and services are delivered
• Prepare and submit vendor payment documentation to the procurement personnel at the country or field office.
• Submit periodical updates and incident reports to the Logistics Coordinator
• Ensure security and safety of Goal vehicles and all other Goal assets and inventory
• As and when necessary load and off load goods/commodities
• Ensure compliance with the Logistics manuals and any related policies.
• Assist field programme staff in financial, logistics and administration duties
• Ensure compliance with the HR manual and any related policies including the Code of Conduct.
• Commit to adhere to and respect the compliance policies including but not limited to the Whistleblowing, Anti-Fraud, and Conflict of Interest Policies
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications And Experience
The ideal person should possess the following:
• At least 5 ordinary level subject passes. An entry level qualification in Logistics, Supply Chain, Procurement or equivalent is desirable.
• At least four years’ experience in a similar post within an NGO environment
• Clean Class 4 driver’s License plus valid defensive driving certificate
• Good communication skills in written and spoken English are essential.
• Computer literacy.
• Flexibility and calm, whilst working under pressure and adapting to changing priorities.
How To Apply
How to apply
Interested individuals who meet the above specifications should apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position being applied for and preferred location on the subject line of the email. The application must include an application letter; and a Current CV with full contact details of at least three contactable referees