Our Client in the Hospitality Industry is looking for good stewards to join his team. They will ensure a clean and workable kitchen area at all times by scraping food from dirty dishes, pots, pans, plates, glasses, flatware, service ware and miscellaneous items and washing them by hand and/or the dishwashing machine.
This position requires exemplary organizational and multi-tasking abilities steward must have mechanical skills to operate electric machines such as dishwashers, sanitizers, trash compactors and glass crushers.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Assist Food & Beverage Servers in all aspects of the dining experience
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Ensure the proper set up of all side stations in the outlet
- Have knowledge of beverage lists and promotions
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Ensure cleaning schedule is adhered to and to the required standard
- Sweep, mop and polish restaurant
- Clean lights, fans, chairs and tables
- Make sure all areas of the bars and restaurants are clean, including side boards
- Assist barman with transporting of stock from Department Store Rooms
- Make sure bar and restaurant equipment is correctly stored
- Transport used linen to and from Housekeeping/Laundry for use in Food & Beverage service areas
- Stock and tidy up Store Room
- Previous service experience an asset
- Primary school education
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
How to apply
Qualified and Interested candidates should send their details CV’s and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 25th February 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.