- March 28, 2021
- April 12, 2021
- Full Time
- Strategic Management Jobs
The Public Service Commission is inviting applications to fill the vacant posts of lx Chief Director, Commerce in the Ministry of Industry and Commerce as detailed below:
POST CHIEF DIRECTOR COMMERCE
REPORTS TO Permanent Secretary
MINISTRY Industry and Commerce
STATION Head Office
Duties And Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
• Spearhead the coordinated formulation, implementation, evaluation and review of policies, strategies, guidelines and regulations on commerce/retail sector development in line with the Ministry’s strategic plan and national development goals and aspirations and make recommendations to the Permanent Secretary.
• Formulate, implement and monitor the Standards Development and Quality Assurance Policy in line with the national priorities and social economic objectives.
• Superintend over the domestication of Zimbabwe’s international and regional commitments for standards and quality assurance.
• Monitor trade performance in the mainstream/national economy including the Small and Medium Enterprises Sector and ensure contribution to national economic development.
• Oversee the development and enforcement of national Quality Assurance Standards and measures in trade in close liaison with Standards Association of Zimbabwe (SAZ) in order to ensure that products and services conform to regional and international standards.
• Ensure that the retail sector is properly benchmarked against regional and international business standards, protocols and trends.
• Monitor developments and make policy recommendations on consumer protection through the Consumer Council of Zimbabwe, pricing systems and mechanisms and the availability of basic commodities in the economy.
• Monitor developments at the border and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to promote border efficiency.
• Coordinate research on the performance of the commercial sector in the economy. Facilitate the establishment and maintenance of a competitive trade environment in the economy.
• Promote and implement Legal Metrology in order to enhance competitive trading in the retail sector.
• Facilitate resolution of Commercial Rent disputes and determination of fair commercial rent through the Commercial Rent Board.
• Spearhead the development and maintenance of a stakeholder engagement platform for the Department.
• Provide technical expertise/advice on capacity building, knowledge building and technical issues to the Permanent Secretary.
Qualifications And Experience
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & ATTRIBUTES
• At least a Master’s degree in Economics, Business Studies, International Trade, or equivalent.
• A minimum of two years experience at Director level or equivalent grade in a relevant field.
• • At least 10 years’ senior management level experience in the commercial sector.
• A thorough understanding of national development policies, priorities and programmes.
• A team leader with high levels of supervisory skills, integrity and capable of handling confidential information.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal and external partners with limited supervision.
• Strong Market research skills.
• protection protocols and statutes.
• Sound knowledge of current National Economic Development Policies and Programmes.
• In-depth knowledge of the industrial, financial and commercial environment. Prepared to travel extensively within and outside the country.
• Good oral and written communication with a broad spectrum of stakeholders. Ability to employ information communication technology in the development, monitoring and evaluation of commercial policies, guidelines and frameworks.
How To Apply
Candidates, [especially women], with relevant long-term experience at senior levels in the private sector or in the non-state enterprises domain within and outside Zimbabwe are encouraged to apply.
Application letters, including detailed CVs and copies of certificates should reach -ha Public Service Commission by 12 April 2021 and should be addressed to:
Public Service Commission
6th Floor, Social Security Centre
Corner Sam Nujoma Street/Julius Nyerere Way