- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience8 years
- Job FieldEngineering / Technical
Grade KPC 4
- i. Respond and attend to all emergencies, in accordance with the emergency procedure.
- ii. Ensure proper running of regions’ electrical installations through coordinating and directing the activities of staff in the station.
- iii. Co-ordinate the repairs and maintenance of all electrical equipment/systems to ensure that downtime is minimized.
- iv. Preparation of procurement documents for works and services.
- v. Provide supervision for Electrical Projects.
- vi. Coordinate Commissioning of new equipment.
- vii. Inspect all equipment in the station and ensure that preventive maintenance of all electrical equipment is well scheduled, carried out and documented.
- viii. Identify, plan and in consultation with management implement system improvement to enhance performance.
- ix. Prepare an annual budget for the section in line with strategic corporate plan for management approval.
- x. Coordinate and monitor budget performance within the section.
- xi. Attend to issues related to overall power supply to company installations.
- xii. Ensure safe use of all electrical equipment, availability of necessary accessories and also ensure adherence to electrical safety procedures.
- xiii. Provide leadership within the section aimed at improving performance standards and organizational effectiveness.
- xiv. Develop and implement strategies for creating a high performing organizational culture and results to ensure that programme activities are undertaken on sound management principles and practices.
- xv. Initiate and participate in organizational performance reviews and business process improvement programmes as well as undertake special investigations aimed at improving organizational effectiveness.
- xvi. Initiate and participate in the recruitment of section staff in order to ensure that the candidates selected have the required job competencies and are provided with orientation and induction programme necessary for effective job performance.
- xvii. Review incidents of violations against organizational policy and regulations as well as handle employee disputes and take appropriate action in line with approved policies, procedures and regulations.
- xviii. Conduct training needs assessment, design and implement training programmes aimed at equipping staff with appropriate job competencies in order to improve the design and delivery of high quality services.
- xix. Plan, monitor and evaluate the performance of staff against set targets and objectives and implementing development action plans aimed at building the capacity of individuals and multi-disciplinary team.
- i. Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or recognized equivalent from a recognized institution.
- ii. Minimum eight (8) years post qualification relevant experience three (3) of which should have been at Senior management level. iii. Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks iv. Proficiency in Computer applications
- v. Registered and licensed with EBK as a professional Engineer.
- vi. Membership to IEK
- vii. Demonstrated competence in work performance and results
- viii. Fulfils the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
Key Skills and Competencies
- i. Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of engineering aspects in Oil/gas Industry including broad knowledge of local and international standards.
- ii. Strong well developed communication and interpersonal skills including ability to prepare relevant reports.
- iii. Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining engineering issues, sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way.
- iv. Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends.
- v. Demonstrate technical expertise in risk management, quality assurance as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- vi. Ability to deliver KPC’s articulated vision for change.
- vii. Ability to establish flexible multidisciplinary teams.
- viii. Ability to empower staff through coaching, mentoring and counselling.
- ix. Ability to handle an emergency response situation and team as well as handling safety oversight roles
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) Limited on www.kpc.co.ke to apply