Maxinsure Tanzania Limited is Tanzania based General Insurance Company with 100% Tanza¬nia shareholding. The company was incorporated in the year 2010 and offers all classes of General Insurance including Motor, Fire& Engineering, Marine, Aviation and other Miscellaneous classes.
Position: Chief Executive Officer, who will be reporting to the Board of Directors. .
Duties and key responsibilities:
• Provide overall direction to the operations of the company with 100% ownership for the performance of the company
• Apprise the board of directors with all relevant market information and developments in the industry so as to facilitate them in taking informed decisions.
• Business transformation – Formulating strategies for business growth and developing a viable business plan and oversee its implementation so as to strategically re position the company in a highly competi¬tive business environment.
• Ensure that the company has adequate financial resources at all times to meet its obligations and liabilities
• Maintain healthy stakeholder relationships with all key players in the market, including clients and brokers, thereby ensuring positive brand positioning of the company.
• Ensuring compliance with all regulatory and statutory requirements.
• Overseeing and managing all operational matters -Proactive handling of reinsurance requirements, ensuring a viable system software with end to end integration across all modules & ensuring prudent underwriting and judicious claims management.
• Develop a Team of motivated and skilled staff and ensure effective succession planning.
• Specific challenges -The company is having some challenges on legacy issues, mainly relating to Treaty reconciliations of past years, which need to be concluded satisfactorily by the CEO.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience
• Qualified insurer, with an ACM or equivalent degree, in line with The Insurance Act of 2009
• At least 8 years of post-qualification experience in the insurance industry, five years of which should have been in a managerial or executive or analogous position.
• Candidates with past experience as CEO of insurance company and/ or experience in reviving under- performing companies will be preferred.
• Leadership and soft skills, Team building capabilities, Professional ethics and utmost Integrity are required.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
• Salary will be negotiable. However, since the company is in the process of rebuilding itself, the starting salary will be modest and will be increased progressively based on performance.
• Other benefits will be in line with the going market practice.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates may send their applications with comprehensive CV latest by the 25th of February 2021 to the following address:
Maxinsure (Tanzania) Limited
P.0 Box 110007
Dar Es Salaam