- January 31, 2021
- Feb. 12, 2021
- Full Time
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
Great Zimbabwe University, an equal opportunity employer, invites suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following posts that have risen within the institution:
Chief Internal Auditor (1 Post)
This is a senior position which requires a highly qualified individual with expertise in Auditing. The successful candidate will report directly to the Vice Chancellor and should have a deep understanding and knowledge of University administration and operations.
Duties And Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Overseeing and managing the internal audit operations for the University;
• Developing, directing and implementing comprehensive University-wide internal audit goals, objectives and programs;
• Reviewing and analysing audit results, preparing audit reports including findings, analysis and recommendations;
• Communication of audit findings and recommendations with management and auditees, monitoring the implementation of audit recommendations and findings, and ensuring exceptions have been addressed;
• Ensuring that the audit report is in line with the requirements of best practices and maintaining the highest quality levels. This includes in-depth analysis into processes;
• Ensuring compliance with established internal control policies and procedures;
• Ensuring that working papers meet quality standards, are cross referenced to the report and supported by printed or electronic documentation.
• Leading internal control through a comprehensive risk based audit;
• Identifying control procedures in order to ensure that risks are properly monitored;
• Establishing risk-based audit programs;
• Monitoring the risk environment and assessing the emerging risks;
• Developing the risk profile of the University and conducting follow up reviews.
• Developing policies and procedures for the Audit Department;
• Overseeing and manages the internal audit operations for the University;
• Determining budgetary requirements of the internal audit program and administering the program through subordinate managers;
• Ensuring planning, monitoring and appraisal of staff work;
• Human Resources function: recruitment, supervision of staff and performance management at department level;
• Servicing of Committee Meetings; and
• Performing other job related duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications And Experience
The applicant should have a first degree in Accounting, Finance or Auditing and a Masters’ degree in the related field. Membership to CIA/ACCA/CIS/ICA/IFA will be an added advantage. The applicant should also have five (5) years of progressively responsible professional auditing experience. In addition, the applicant should have strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills, be able to work in a pressured environment, meet strict deadlines and pay attention to detail.
How To Apply
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for all applicants.
Applicants must submit their applications consisting of the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, contact telephone number(s) and names and addresses of three referees to email@example.com.
The applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Great Zimbabwe University
P.O. Box 1235
The closing date for receipt of applications is 12 February, 2021