The Standard group comprises The Standard newspapers, The Nairobian, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services. The Group is looking for a qualified, experienced and self- motivated individual to fill the position of Occupational Safety and Health Officer.
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience10 years
- Job FieldEducation / Teaching
As part of strengthening our operations, the Editorial
Department is looking for an ambitious professional to join our team.
REPORTING TO: OPERATIONS EDITOR
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This role is responsible for the running of all archives, including stills, text and video.
- Collection of information for use by the newsroom and non-editorial areas
- Act as champion of the collection to third-parties, helping build Kenya’s memory bank for future generations and seeking potential revenue-generating partnerships with external partners
- Managing the team of librarians, ensuring they work as effectively and as efficiently as possible, and making sure they meet efficiency and performance targets
- Providing expert knowledge of collection, curation and preservation, ensuring the right conditions and equipment are acquired and maintained to reduce the risk of deterioration or loss of historical content
- Advising on electronic or alternative backup systems to ensure that the collection is not fully lost in case of catastrophic damage to the archive area
- Participate in hiring and disciplining of employees activities from time to time
- Planning, monitoring and enforcing library processes and procedures including staff performance
- Overseeing and coordinating OB Live recording supplies, coverage and archiving
- Providing reference services to users by assisting in identifying relevant materials for use in news, local productions and features
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree on Library or Records management
- Advanced certification is an added advantage
10 years’ work experience
SKILLS AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Deep understanding of the role archives can play in media companies; journalistic mindset
- Ability to work within established rules, regulations, policies and practices
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Strong innovation, problem solving and creativity skills
- Strong conceptual skills
- Good people management skills
Method of Application
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our website www.standardmedia.co.ke/ recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply not later than 10/03/2021.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Group on www.standardmedia.co.ke to apply