- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience7 years
- Job FieldProject Management
This role is responsible for ensuring consistent interpretation and uniform application of the relevant tax laws in tax crimes investigation.
- Assist in development of strategies, policies and procedures relevant to tax crimes investigations
- Manage direct and control investigations operations
- Report to and advise the deputy commissioner on technical matters relating to investigation operations
- Negotiate and set performance targets and ensuring their achievement through performance management
- Liaising with other programs and stakeholders on all matters relating to investigations operations
- Preparing staff for the desired changes in work styles, attitudes and work ethics
- Review and provide technical guidance on matters as they arise in the cause of investigations and enforcement
- Responsible for the management of physical assets in the division for effective utilization.
- Supervision of day to day operations and management of performance and development of staff in the Section
- Development and management of the Section’s work plan.
- Drive initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the section.
Academic qualification and Professional qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Business Administration, Finance, Economics or related disciplines
- Masters degree will be an added advantage
- Technical training in Tax or Customs
- Hold a professional qualification in a relevant field LSK,CPA(K),CPS,CIBA,CFE
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) and National Intelligence Service (NIS) certification in Basic investigations techniques and intelligence courses.
- At least 7 years relevant experience and 3 years in Management.
- Must possess wide knowledge and experience in tax law and administration
- Strong administrative skills, managerial and leadership skills
- Possess good organizational, planning and analytical skills
- Impeccable bias for action and strategic disposition
- Focused and result oriented
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Positive attitude
- High Integrity
- Team Player
All applications should be submitted online by 10th July, 2022.