Chief of Party
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Management ]
Deadline of this Job:
15 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, August 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to provide overall strategic vision, technical leadership and management for this Activity. The COP will be responsible for coordinating closely with USAID, implementing partners, and other stakeholders to ensure that the Activity reaches its intended MEL goals. The position is a full-time position for the duration of the four-year project, and will be based in Tanzania, contingent upon contract award.
• Must act as the primary point of contact with USAID/Tanzania and Social Impact with regard to day to-day implementation and management matters relating to the contract.
• Serve as the leader of the team, responsible for overall implementation, results and management.
• Work closely with USAID/Tanzania’s leadership team, the Program Office, technical office directors and team leads, and other Chiefs of Party managing USAID projects/activities.
• Has overall responsibility for assuring that all services provided under the contract are technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed.
• Provide overall responsibility for all data collection, monitoring and evaluation, capacity building, report generation, learning and dissemination activities, and related tasks.
• Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of MEL technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID.
• Responsible for facilitating communication and close coordination with all stakeholders of the activity.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant field such as international development, statistics, economics or another relevant field.
• A minimum of eight years of experience in monitoring and evaluation within complex international development contexts.
• At least 10 years of experience in international development, including experience and technical knowledge in designing, managing, and evaluating multi-million dollar development projects.
• At least seven years of experience as a senior field manager, demonstrating professional interaction with senior U.S. and foreign government officials.
• At least seven years of experience working with third party monitoring platforms and/or support mechanisms.
• Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills.
• Proven experience overseeing the provision of MEL products and services to international clients.
• Experience conducting evaluations or assessments of youth-focused development issues and activities.
• Experience working in Tanzania or similar locales (based on economic and social development indicators).
• Demonstrated ability to establish relationships of trust with clients, including those at the level of a USAID Mission Director.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• A commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work and learning environment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/apply.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=4187