Chief of Party Job, Other Professions,
Job Title: Chief of Party (COP)
REPORTING: Country Director
Division: Business Development
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACT: Staff, External Stakeholders
The Chief of Party (COP) will oversee a core project team that includes Finance and Administration Manager, Monitoring Evaluation, and Learning Advisor and will serve as primary liaison with the grant applied for, government counterparts, and key stakeholder representatives.
This position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding and will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Provide technical direction and oversight of project activities.
- Maintain positive relations with the client, government counterparts, and program partners.
- Promoting clear and constructive communications with the client to ensure a shared vision for project activities and outcomes, address implementation challenges, and encourage the sharing of best practices and project successes.
- Ensure project activities are compliant with the approved work plan and that project results are aligned with the project monitoring plan.
- Ensure the accuracy and technical quality of all project deliverables, including periodic performance reports, financial and technical reports, training materials, and instructional materials.
- Supervise project personnel, including, Finance and Administration Manager and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor; and engage other support units for technical and administrative support as needed.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable them to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
The post holder will be required to have and to demonstrate evidence of the following qualifications.
- Demonstrated success working at the community level, assessing challenges, creating and
- A graduate degree in a relevant field such as education, international development, non-profit management, OR a bachelor’s degree plus two years of work experience (in addition to the eight years of experience required below)
- Eight years of relevant experience in leading programs focused on research, youth services, workforce development, livelihoods, and/or private sector development, with at least four of those in Kenya or countries like Kenya.
- implementing solutions and achieving measurable results in development projects.
- Experience cultivating relationships and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders including youth, government ministries and officials, NGOs and donors, evaluators, and community-based institutions, preferably in Kenya.
- Demonstrated experience with, understanding of, and commitment to positive youth development and gender equality approaches and strategies around livelihoods and well-being, particularly for adolescent girls and young women.
- Demonstrated experience with facilitative and partnership approaches, to include youth, higher education institutions, government, and the private sector.
- Technical experience in education development and research and a strong understanding of higher education institutions and community development.
- Demonstrated achievement in advancing innovation, scale, and sustainability
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborating, learning, and adaptive management
- Significant experience in designing and facilitating interactive meetings and workshops
How to Apply
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Chief of Party” on the subject line to email@example.com by end of the day (5:30 pm) Thursday 3rd December 2020.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.