VISION A prosperous county in economic, social and political development with residents enjoying high quality of life. MISSION To foster equitable and sustained socio-economic development through effective and efficient mobilization and utilization of available resources. ADMINISTRATIVE UNITS The county is composed of six Constituencies, 15 administrati…
Read more about this company
Chief Superintending Engineer (Transport)
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Job FieldEngineering / Technical
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level may be deployed as a head of Transport unit at Headquarters or Sub-County.
The officer will be responsible to the Principal Superintending Engineer for work programmes in all the functional areas and training and development of staff under him/her.
The duties and responsibilities at the Headquarters and Sub-county level will include handling all transport related matters:
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Served in the grade of Senior Superintending Engineer (Transport) or comparable and relevant position in the Public service for at least three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Be registered with the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya (ERB);
- Current valid annual Practicing license from the Engineers Registration, Board of Kenya;
- Corporate membership with the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK);
- Attended a Strategic Leadership Development Course lasting not less than Six (6) weeks from a recognized Institution; and
- demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of structural programmes including supervision of professional and technical staff; and shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Remuneration: As per Salaries and Remuneration Commission guidelines