Clearing and Forwarding Manager
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Consulting , Category: Management ]
Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
MeTL Group is a leading economic force in Tanzania with major investments and successful operating companies in key business sectors. The Group employs more than 24,000 people across the country, in areas as diverse as trading, agriculture, manufacturing, energy and petroleum, financial services, mobile telephony, infrastructure and real estate, transport, logistics and distribution. MeTL Group began in the early 1970s as a small trading business with a big vision.
This vision, coupled with knowledge and skills derived over more than 40 years in business, has enabled the Group to grow exponentially into one of the largest businesses in Africa.
Currently, MeTL Group’s operations contribute 3.5% of the GDP of Tanzania. The Group plays a vital role in strengthening Tanzania’s opportunities for growth and development in private industry-ensuring the country can reap the benefits of globalization. Below are currently available jobs at Mohammed Enterprises Tanzania Ltd – MeTL Group: .
• Issuance of shipping and documentary instructions to suppliers, follow up with suppliers to complete imports documentation.
• Follow up of issues with shipping lines D/Os, ICD nominations, empty units returns and related matters via shipping team.
• Follow up of assignments and various Government permits related matters via imports team.
• Follow up of customs documentation and clearing issues through imports customs operations team.
• Follow up of port / ICD clearing status of consignments, ICD nominations via shipping team.
• Follow up of L/C issuances and related matters i.e. amendments. [Procurement team / Banks]
• Emails and letters correspondence with various correspondents – local and international.
• Outdoors tasks i.e. Customs, banks, ICD, shipping lines, Government Depts, inspection companies, etc.
• Manage clearing of imports consignments and documentation with suppliers, customs, regulatory depts., shipping lines, port/ICD clearances.
• Deal with outside clearing agents for clearing of import consignments.
• Deal with TMDA, TBS, GCLA, Weight & Measures, for import permits and related issues.
• Follow up claims with suppliers, insurance (P&I), TPA, shipping lines, etc.
• Deal with local inspection companies, deal with inspection companies abroad to organize loading inspections for shipments being loaded.
• Payment of taxes, port charges, etc, when required.
• Any other assignments related to imports dept / clearing operations.
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding
• 5 years of experience in shipping and clearing and forwarding
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submitting the application is 10 February, 2021