Centum is East Africa’s leading investment company listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. We are an investment channel providing investors with access to a portfolio of inaccessible, quality, diversified investments. Our Key objective is to consistently generate market beating returns by building extraordinary enterpr…
Read more about this company
Clerk of Works
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldBuilding and Construction
The Clerk of Works shall oversee quality and safety of work on site during the execution of Building and Infrastructure works scope. This position reports to the Senior Design Manager of Athena Properties and will be based in Nairobi.
- Represent the Project team (consultants and developer) as required and as appropriate.
- Ensure adequate records are prepared and maintained.
- Ensure a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained for each sub-project, via site visits, assessing contract implementation with due regard to building and health and safety legislation.
- Provide a service at all times to the Contract Administrator by ensuring that the standards of work and the materials supplied by contractors are as specified in accordance with the contract information.
- Ensure information being used for the implementation of the site is current; conducting regular information audits and reporting accordingly
- Maintain records and data; site activities, staffing and daily progress and undertake general administrative tasks on site
- Identify technical problems on-site/risks, to alert respective project consultants and/or Project Client to attend to the same in good time
- Witness on-site testing & commissioning and keep appropriate records of results.
- Attend internal and external meetings, both on and offsite as required
- During the course of the Works, the Clerk of Works will assist in making sure that all amendments or instructions to the Contractor are confirmed and documented contractually
- Carry out any other duties which could reasonably fall within the scope and responsibility of the post.
- Diploma or Bachelor of Science in Construction Management or any other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of on-site experience in construction-related projects