- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldMedical / Healthcare
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide consultations at the eye clinic
- Diagnose, manage and conduct cataract cases appropriately
- Increase community awareness to participation in eye care especially cataract identification and referral
- Perform cataract surgeries and refer complicated cases appropriately
- •Take part in planning and participating in eye camps
- Ensure that all assessments and treatment provided are properly documented on patients’ files
- Maintain an accurate and updated records keeping system in the health unit keeping in mind that any significant changes seen with regards to cases seen in health unit should be reported to the Doctor in charge and other relevant authorities
- Admit patients to the wards when necessary and ensure that M.O. in-charge is promptly informed.
- Maintain equipment’s in good condition and submit regular inventory report of the same
- Compile and submit quarterly inventory return/ requisition of all drugs and supplies
- Attend and participate in weekly Continuous Medical Education (CME) sessions at the hospital
- Perform minor eye surgeries, trachoma surgeries and refer complicated cases appropriately Others:
- Carry out other relevant duties as may be required or assigned by your supervisor.
Key Result Areas:
- Quality eye care services offered to patients
- Provision of corrective glasses to those with refractive errors
- Timely surgical management/ referrals of eye injuries
- Timely reporting of departmental activities
- Conducting Eye Care Trainings and Screening exercises as required
- Higher Diploma in Clinical Medicine- Ophthalmology/ Cataract surgery.
- Registered with the Clinical Officers Council
- Minimum of 3 years work experience as an Ophthalmic Clinical Officer
Required Experience & Competencies:
- Ability to write clear, concise reports and well-developed communication skills
- Good computer skills (Complete MS Office package and any HMIS (Hospital Management Information System) and data analysis)
- Must be a team player and flexible
Method of Application
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send your application to email@example.com (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job title, reference number and your salary expectation by 29th December 2020. Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees.