- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- LocationWestern Cape
- CityCape Town
- Job FieldEngineering / Technical , ICT / Computer
Amazon Web Services is the market leader and technology forerunner in the Cloud business. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will act as the ‘Cloud Ambassador’ across all the cloud products, arming our customers with required tools & tactics to get the most out of their Product and Support investment.
Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have an interest in helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches? Are you familiar with best practices for applications, servers and networks? Do you want to be part of a customer facing technology team helping to ensure the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology organization?
If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for! We are a group of smart people, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
The Database role supports our services that focus on Databases technologies, including Amazon Aurora, DynamoDB, Redshift, Athena, as well as AWS Database Migration Service, Data Pipeline, Glue and more.
- 5+ years Advanced administration experience with (1) of the following Database engines: MySQL / Oracle /
- PostgreSQL / MariaDB / SQL Server / Amazon Aurora
- Advanced experience with System Administration with Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory, Exchange)
- Advanced experience with Networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls,
- LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Data Science, Computer Science,
- Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field OR equivalent experience in a technical position
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience
- Database troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Experienced setting up monitoring / alarming for production DB environments
- Database migration and ETL experience
- Experience with NoSQL technologies like DynamoDB, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra or Riak
- Experienced with Linux system monitoring and analysis
- Good understanding of distributed computing environments
- Experience with query analyzers and query tuning / slow query optimization etc.
- Exposure to Virtualization (VMware, Xen, Hypervisor)
- Prior working experience with AWS – any or all of EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, Dynamo DB, EMR
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices
- Expertise with Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, netcat, and other network monitoring / troubleshooting tools
- Experience Troubleshooting the full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity and Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
Company – Amazon Dev Centre South Africa
Job ID: A1359336