Fairtrade International is an internationally recognized, non-profit organization that works to secure fairer trade terms so that farmers and workers in developing countries can invest in a better future for themselves and their communities. Our global team works to directly connect producers and consumers and promote fairer trading conditions and sustain…
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldInternships / Volunteering , Media / Advertising / Branding
The communications desk
The communications desk under the Operations Department leads and coordinates all regional communication activities. The desk spearheads FTA-ECAN’s communication strategy, acts as the custodian of the Fairtrade brand at the regional level, serves as the liaison point for communications peers from National Fairtrade Organizations spread across the world, directs the production of communication products including high quality images, videos and print material to meet professional standards and brand requirements and among other activities, leads the implementation various visibility activities (online and offline) to raise the profile of the brand regionally.
What you will do
FTA-ECAN has a robust communication plan for the 2021/2022 financial year and requires the support of a skilled intern to realize its’ ambitions. Under the overall supervision of the Regional Communications Officer, the intern will provide support in the following areas:
Overall Communications Plan
- Under supervision of the Regional Communication Officer, support the implementation of the Fairtrade Campus Ambassador Programme:
- Provide support in gathering and developing learning resources for use in Fairtrade Campus Clubs
- Support the coordination of Fairtrade Campus Clubs; support them to fulfill their TOR
- Support learning and Fairtrade familiarization activities for Fairtrade clubs e.g., field visits, coordination with selected Fairtrade (staff) and producers to ensure their availability at speaking engagements
- Product Communications Plan
- Support Product Managers and Regional Communications Officer to update all producer profiles.
- Updates will involve editing and proof-reading profiles for clarity, coherence and accuracy as well as minimal layout to meet the branding requirements of Fairtrade producer profiles.
- Support the Flower Manager and Regional Communications Officer to clean up the Online Premium
- Platform – an online repository of case studies by certified flower farms on the use of Fairtrade
- Premium. Additional tasks will include liaising with Project Officers and Senior Project Officers to ensure regular updates to the platform.
- Assist in updating the Fairtrade Premium Alumni Association (FAPAA) profile to include stories and images of new members who have benefitted from bursaries through the Fairtrade Premium.
- Support Product Managers and Regional Communications Officer to draft stories illustrating the use of Fairtrade Premium among certified producers.
- Provide support in the planning and implementation of activities geared towards raising the profile of Fairtrade in the region.
- iSupport in project documentation with key focus on impact collation, dissemination and general publicity.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
The intern is also expected to strengthen his/her knowledge and understanding of the Fairtrade System
and how it works. Resource materials will be availed to facilitate this. The intern will also engage in onboarding sessions with key contact points for the duration of the internship.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- University Degree in Media, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism (Degree certificate must be provided as proof)
- Minimum of 1 year post qualification relevant experience is an added advantage
Skills and competencies
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in using a computer and various office software packages including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Presentation. Knowledge of working with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign/Illustrator) is an added advantage
- Ability to write strong/captivating case stories
- Strong editing skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be a good team player with a high degree of initiative, flexibility and tolerance
- Highly adaptive and ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to collect information from the field Applications
Method of Application
Send your Application Letter and CV as one document stating your current/previous roles, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Indicating the title of position on the subject line of your email, send your application to email@example.com. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. The closing date for the applications is 12th March 2021.
Note: Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.