Reporting to: Communications Officer
Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT) is a voluntary charitable nongovernmental organization, registered in Kenya as a non-profit organization in 1993. AMURT has implemented over 22 projects countrywide and has supported and worked with local communities, local administration and organizations offering development services. AMURT’s focus areas are emergency relief, OVC support, education, health care, income generation and capacity building, HIV/AIDS, MNCH, TB control, Nutrition, WASH and Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) in 9 counties. AMURT is located in Central region, Nyanza region, Samburu County and Coastal region of Kenya.
AMURT recently won an award for KENYA HEALTH PARTNERSHIPS FOR QUALITY SERVICES (KHPQS)-OVC/DREAMS program, and seeks to recruit the following positions based in Mombasa and Kilifi Counties.
Responsible for developing, supporting and promoting the program goal through messages development, social media content creation, media outreach, developing and disseminating materials that increase the program visibility, creating strategies to effectively engage beneficiaries and quality reporting. The job holder will play a key role in the project ’s communications with all the stake holders and will report to the COP.
- Support the project implementation team on quality documentation of best practices
- Responsible for developing, supporting and promoting the program goal through messages development, social media content creation, media outreach, developing and disseminating materials that increase the program visibility, creating strategies to effectively engage beneficiaries and quality reporting.
- Responsible for advising and ensuring compliance with donor branding and marking requirements.
- Lead all communication aspects for the project and ensure high standards of professionalism
- Play a key role in supporting the COP and project team in strategic engagement of the county governments and private partners
- Spearhead development and implementation of communication strategies for the project
- Advise on all media coverage for key project events to ensure quality and compliance with donor and organizational communication requirements
- Work closely with the Executive Director COP, DCOP and Technical leads to ensure that all donor reports are prepared to quality standards in compliance with contractual obligations, maintaining a tracking system to ensure that all reporting deadlines are met.
- Coordinate and manage project communication channels and materials including print, video, publications, and social media activities.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Communications or relevant discipline from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant working experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated strong experience on USAID visibility and branding work
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Creativity and innovation: Ability to develop and adapt innovative approaches and replicable strategies for communication and documentation
- Planning and organizing skills: Ability to coordinate and facilitate quality documentation and communication to internal and external audience.
- Communication skills: Ability to make presentations that catch and maintain audience interest; and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in using Windows Operating System as well as Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Have strong relationship management.
- Excellent time management.
- Team player with excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate deliverables/outcomes.
How to apply
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th March 2021 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number as the email subject. Interview will be done on a rolling basis and Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safe guarding.