St. Francis Community Hospital invites qualified applicants for the above vacant position.
Minimum Qualification: Diploma
Experience Level: Entry level
Experience Length: 1 year
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessing dental condition and needs of patients using patient screening and monitoring procedures.
- Analyzing x-rays and evaluate dental needs as necessary including medical history review and dental charting.
- Taking, developing and mounting radiographs as well as trace radiographs required for corrective treatment.
- Undertaking general treatment and care for teeth and tissue problems using specified equipment and tools and established dental hygienist procedures.
- Full mouth scaling, polishing and prophylaxis to remove plaque and stains ensuring that sterile conditions are maintained.
- Filling-in cavities, rebuild broken teeth, replace missing teeth, and remove unnecessary or severely damaged teeth.
- Treat and help to prevent gum disease.
- Reducing simple fractures of the jaws.
- Providing patient education on dental care and write prescriptions for patients,
- Taking and making impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts/models.
- Documenting patient dental history and/or chief complaints and/or observations.
- Documenting lab procedures and ensure follow up on results.
- Identifying priorities and implementing care based on individual patients’ needs and sound nursing judgment.
- Diploma in community oral health from a recognized institution
- Minimum of at least TWO YEARS of verifiable professional experience
- Registered by the Kenya Dental Technologist Board
- Good communication and professional skills
- Excellent computer skills
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should apply through email; firstname.lastname@example.org stating their overall suitability for the position together with a detailed CV that clearly addresses the ability to perform the key responsibilities. (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.)
- Deadline for receiving applications will be 14th March, 2021.