REF: TNH/HRD/CS /03/2021,
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing secretarial support to the Board of Management and Board Committees; facilitate, organize and coordinate Board activities; ensure the Hospital is compliant with the relevant statutory and regulatory requirements as well as ensure that high standards of corporate governance are maintained in line with the Law and the Hospital’s strategic objectives. Secretarial services will also be provided to Kenya Hospital Association (KHA) in its meetings.
- Develop creative and innovative legal strategies that are in line with the Hospital’s overall strategy; Keep abreast of local and global best practices in legal and company secretarial services and make recommendations to the CEO and the Chairman, Board of Directors on how these impact the Hospital;
- Provide legal advisory services to all areas of the Hospital to ensure that effective legal contracts are developed and monitor and review the Hospital’s legal risks and provide appropriate mitigations to safeguard the Hospital from potential legal losses;
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the legal department’s strategic direction and objectives to all staff;
- Participate as member of senior management in formulating corporate strategies, policies, plans and budgets and in monitoring the Hospital’s performance to ensure that the corporate objectives and targets are achieved;
- Ensure that the Board fulfils its statutory responsibilities and meets good governance and practice standards;
- Implementation of the whistleblowing policy’.
- Ensure all meetings of the Board of Directors are run in accordance with the governing laws and the Board charter;
- Organize, attend, record and produce minutes and resolutions of deliberations of all Board meetings, Annual and Extraordinary meetings in accordance with the applicable legislations;
- Establish and manage processes and procedures to build capacity for sound corporate governance;
- Facilitate assessment of the Board and individual director’s as well as the Board Committees performance periodically in line with the Law and assess the level of compliance with the Board Charter;
- Assess developmental/technical training needs of the Board, develop a training schedule and facilitate Board Trainings;
- Work with the Hospital’s Executive Management to carry out initiatives of the Board.
- Ensure timely preparation and distribution of materials (e.g., requests, agendas, schedules, notices, resolutions, etc.) for the Board and Board Sub Committees;
- Keep all official records of the Board’s activities (minutes of proceedings, resolutions, etc.), including those of Board Committees, copies are also provided to concerned as directed by the Board;
- Oversee the Board and Board Committee calendars; help determine and plan the frequency of meetings;
- Advise Board members of significant operational incidents, accidents and media coverage in a timely manner;
- Build, lead and motivate a competent legal management team that will in turn ensure that the department has the right people in the right places to sustainably support the delivery of legal services at the Hospital; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
- Bachelor of Laws degree (LLB) from a recognized institution.
- Master of Laws degree (LLM) or Master of Business Administration (MBA) or any other related fields in Business from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Certified Public Secretary (CPS) with a valid and current Practicing Certificate issued under the Certified Public Secretaries Act.
- Must be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a valid and current practicing certificate.
- Minimum of 15 years’ legal practice experience preferably in a corporate environment with 5 years at management level.
- Ability to conduct extensive and comprehensive legal research to aid in decision making Ability to represent the interests of the Hospital’s shareholders and act on behalf of the Hospital in the issuance of formal communication
- Ability to oversee budgeting and planning for the department
- Project management skills
- Ability to lead, influence and drive change initiatives in support of business strategies within the department
- Commercial savviness
- Communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills
- Analytical skills
- Judgement and decision making skills
- Understanding of health sector operating models
- Leadership skills
- Independent mindedness
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing skills
- Customer service skills
- Team working skills
How To Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 19th March 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100