Yusuf Haliru & Associates Limited – Our client, a Reputable Bank in Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Company Secretary
- To manage the Company Secretariat and ensure compliance with the Bank’s rules and regulations and manage reputational risk among the Bank’s stakeholders.
- Maintaining and updating statutory books and filing periodic statutory returns.
- Maintaining and updating vital shareholders’/share related files within the secretariat.
- To provide legal counsel and support to the Bank as it relates to contracts, litigation and dispute resolution, credit & employment.
- Provide first line/basic legal advice and liaise with the Bank’s lawyers as required.
- Advise Directors on their legal responsibilities and updating them on developments in the law concerning the running of the bank.
- Drafting and vetting of legal documents for disbursement of facilities including mortgage/debenture/lease documents bank-wide.
- Collation, filing and archiving of security documents
- Maintain liaison with external solicitors for mortgage perfection and monitoring perfection updates.
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- First Degree in Law or Business Administration. LL.M, B.L or other Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ post-graduation experience within the financial services industry with at least 5 years at Senior Management level.
- Knowledge and understanding of Banking Operations (international & domestic)
- Good policy development and management capabilities.
- Legal financial Planning
- Good policy development and management capabilities
- Legal documentation and perfection & records.
- Regulatory knowledge
- Interpersonal, communication and analytics skills
Application Closing Date
15th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.