One day, transit will be truly rapid. One day, alternative energy will no longer be the alternative. One day, we will look beyond earth for valuable minerals. With an engineering partner who delivers more innovative solutions, that day will come sooner. Throughout our storied history, we’ve embraced our clients’ visions as our own. We’ve ch…
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldConsultancy
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch, a full-service consultancy, is currently seeking a highly motivated Consultant to join the Advisory group in Johannesburg.
Our advisory and consulting experts work with our clients to help them meet their business, financial, and project objectives. As a Consultant, you will play an active role in all aspects of client engagements, including gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, developing and communicating recommendations, presenting results to client management, managing workstreams or small engagements, and implementing recommendations with client team members.
If you are interested in working with leading experts across various sectors? Join our Advisory team today!
As The Successful Candidate, You Will
- Help to frame the strategy and execution of client engagements and ensure objectives are clearly identified, agreed, and attained
- Work closely with Engagement Managers on large scale projects and likewise you will have the opportunity to independently lead smaller engagements
- Be a champion of inclusion and diversity
- Facilitate client workshops and planning meetings
- Participate in business development activities such as writing proposals, engaging clients and participating in conferences
- Collaborate with colleagues to promote and embed best practices in the development and delivery of effective service offerings
- Grow your leadership skills by managing small teams and being a mentor to junior colleagues
- Be a subject matter expert on engagements and use this skill to solve complex problems
- Perform detailed analysis and recommend strategies for effective project delivery
You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years of management consulting or relevant industry experience
- Proven industry experience in mining, metals, energy or infrastructure
- Solid functional knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Strategy, Transaction Support, Business Readiness & Transformation, Capital Productivity, Supply Chain, Asset & Maintenance Management, Organization Effectiveness, and Risk Management
- Strong initiative, eager to break new ground and create opportunities for others
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Self-motivation and drive to take ownership of a work stream
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance or Business, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience, an MBA or equivalent postgraduate degree is advantageous
Why join us?
- Think globally, act locally
- Engage people who make a difference
- Apply your business and technical expertise to grow a key part of the Hatch business
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- A Canada’s Top 100 employer and best managed company
- Collaborate with leading consultants and technical experts towards a better world through positive change
- The opportunity to drive your career