|Own transport required:||Yes|
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate content marketing strategist to work on one of our financial services clients. This is a contract position, based in Cape Town, that requires a senior person with a strong editorial background, and a wealth of experience in the realm of digital.
- Strong editorial and communications background across multiple platforms
- Ability to multitask and plan across a range of projects.
- Solid time management skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently and make things happen.
- Ability to bring creative thinking to a range of different marketing and content opportunities. Need to think out of the box!
- Very strong English language writing and editing skills.
- Ability to be firm in one’s beliefs on what makes great content.
- People person, with good problem-solving skills and the ability to represent the agency in front of clients.
- Be a strong leadership figure.
- Confident reporting and presenting to key clients.
- Comfortable tackling a range of content pillars, including content for clients in: financial services, FMCG, alcohol and more
- Well-versed in digital content marketing best-practice and strategy, from mainstream social media channels and websites to digital magazines, WhatsApp and more.
- Strong journalistic network of content writers, creators and producers for commissioning work.
- Be fundamentally passionate about the power of content and content marketing, be excited by delivering great work to clients, and be willing to go above and beyond, outside of the 9-to-5.
- Creatively minded and able to assist with creative direction on shoots.
This is a BBEEE-preference position, reporting into the chief content content officer. The position is based in our Cape Town office and is a full-time position.
Machine_ is a TTL creative agency with strong digital roots and is home to over 75 adventurous minds in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban. It is the agency’s mission to help brands find creative solutions to new challenges in a hyper-connected world, whilst at the same time building solid, long-term relationships with our clients.
Machine_’s mantra, Never Afraid, underpins our values of doing the right thing, being curious, solution orientated and at its core ‘getting things done!’. Living this mantra daily helps grow our clients’ businesses and these are the values we look for when recruiting new talent. The right personality is just as important as the right experience. We’re here to work hard and have fun.
Content planning, creation, editing and management
- In collaboration with client, plot monthly communication schedule (promotional mailers, newsletters, SMSs, web banners, social media posts).
- Plan related content to support the monthly planning (write or commission, edit).
- Commission writers and maintain a good freelance base of expert writers to contribute as needed.
- Write copy as required for the elements (or brief junior writer to write as required).
- Brief the communication elements into design studio and manage the process, with guidance for creative look and feel.
- Conceptualise and write copy for communication elements as required by the client.
- Strong writing skills to ensure style is consistent and that complicated topics are clearly explained to the member.
- Ability to plan and edit content to take it to the next level, including turning articles into infographics, generating increasingly interactive and personalised content (like quizzes, gamification etc.)
- Strong understanding of Google and Facebook analytics; able to compile reports on content performance for clients and present these to key stakeholders monthly.
- Manage content budgets and timings, with the support of client service team.
- Lead content marketing strategy for clients across digital platforms and channels.
- Take briefs from clients or potential clients, perform content audits and reviews and provide content marketing strategy, across print and digital.
- Support teams in pitches by providing strategic content thinking for a variety of potential clients.
- Constantly review the content marketing strategy you are implementing with your clients and optimise for best results; ensure all content produced is insights-led and performance-based.
- Advise on content marketing and digital content best practice, for both in-house team and clients.
Relationship and network
- Grow meaningful, trust-based relationships with clients to ensure long-lasting business agreements that deliver on client needs.
- Manage client relationships and place the client at the heart of your work.
- Identify new business opportunities and nurture relationships with key stakeholders to allow for business growth.
- Build trust-filled relationships within your team and among your peers at the agency so that you are both a pleasure to work with, and you enjoy working with those around you.
- Manage any junior staff members allocated to your team, including mentoring their professional growth and becoming invested in their future at the agency.