Text Book Centre (TBC) is the biggest and most diversified book-seller in Africa. It was founded in 1964 as a partnership between two businessmen in Kenya, Mr. S V Shah and Mr. M J Rughani. TBC has over the years grown tremendously to become the leading bookstore chain in Kenya. Its retail, wholesale and distribution services have unrivalled capacity to meet the demands of Kenya’s vibrant education sector.
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Job FieldMedia / Advertising / Branding
REPORTING LINE: Digital & Content Lead
TRAVEL UP TO: 5%-within Nairobi
WORKPLACE: Text Book Center HQ, Kijabe Street, Nairobi
As a Content Writer at you will get to create content that shares our story and vision, promote our brand, and makes a positive impact across our retail and digital platforms.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Write, edit and publish content for offline and online platforms with the aim to drive awareness and revenue
- Develop and own the monthly content calendar
- Use your knowledge of SEO and content development to create digital content that helps us get found via search engines, and showcases our company as a leader within the industry
- Research markets and industries to create content that is innovative and original
- Work together with the marketing team and different departments to create innovative content ideas
- Participate in campaign ideation and content development for online and offline channels
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- Proven 3+ year work experience as a Content Writer or Copywriter
- Agency experience is a plus.
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing strategies including SEO, email marketing and web analytics
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English and Kiswahili for a B2B as well as B2C audience
- Portfolio of published articles
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Ability to handle tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask
Method of Application
Please submit a letter of interest with your resume clearly indicating “ Content Writer ” as email subject to below email address on or before 28th February 2021 at email@example.com .
This is a full-time, salaried position. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience and will include a comprehensive benefits package