[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Restaurant & Hospitality ]
Secondary Education for Girls Advancement
Deadline of this Job:
21 July 2022
Within Tanzania , Morogoro , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Similar Jobs in Tanzania
Learn more about Secondary Education for Girls Advancement
Secondary Education for Girls Advancement jobs in Tanzania
Secondary Education for Girls Advancement (SEGA) is a non-profit organization with offices at Mkundi area, Morogoro Municipal, mandated to operate in Tanzania mainland with registration No 00NG/R2/0000232. With a particular focus on vulnerable girls, its mission is to educate and equip bright Tanzanian girls with academic, leadership, and business skills to unleash their individual talents and reach their full potential. SEGA programs include; 1) SEGA girls secondary school, 2) Program for post form A support, 3) Msichana wa Kisasa Community Outreach Program. The Sega girls secondary school located in Mkundi area, Morogoro Municipal provides quality holistic education for form I – IV with 50% of its students being from vulnerable backgrounds, on scholarship. Its mission is to provide quality education for girls which fosters the development of academic excellence, strong values, healthy self-esteem, and independent thinking skills, with emphasis on leadership, entrepreneurship, social responsibility and environmental care.
• R1. Prepare quality, tasty, and healthy food for the students in a timely manner for tea, lunch, and dinner. (80%)
• Prepares food on time as per school schedule each day Prepares dinner for students and leaves in the hot pot each afternoon Prepares meals that follow a balanced diet without excess fat, sodium, or sugar, to assist students to maintain good physical health
• R2. Ensures kitchen is well-equipped with the food necessary for meals as per schedule
• Ensures efficient use of food-cooking the right amount to prevent waste Alerts Headmistress immediately and at an early stage if for any reason food or fuel is not enough—to Extra Responsibilities
• Wearing proper cooking attire (i.e. apron, hat or hair net, gloves, etc.).
• Using proper dishwashing methods.
• Ensuring that all dining tables and chairs, kitchen, cooking related areas and equipment are clean and in good working order at all times.
• Cleaning kitchen areas after each meal is served.
• Alert the Kitchen Supervisor or Maintenance Department to maintenance requests asking for unsafe equipment to be removed and/or assistance with cleaning difficult to clean food preparation areas.
• Assist the Kitchen Supervisor with ordering food and supplies as necessary
• Proven experience as a cook
• Experience in using cutting tools, cookware, and bakeware
• Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
• Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
• Ability to work in a team
• Very good communication skills
• Excellent physical condition and stamina
• Males only should apply, age between 30 – 40 years
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 21st July 2022 by submitting only Application Letter and CV.